Saturday, April 11, 2020

Hosanna Shout!


Last Sunday, during the Sunday morning session, President Nelson announced a new proclamation to the world.  This proclamation is in regards to the Restoration of the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was announced the day before that a Hosanna shout would occur the next day.  As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we were invited to participate in the Hosanna shout with a clean, white handkerchief. 
Since I didn't have a clean, white handkerchief, nor could I easily go to the store to buy one, I decided I would make one.  I happened to be going through photos on Saturday and came across the crocheted piece seen above.  It was a piece that my Mom did many years ago.  I thought it would be a lovely piece to add to my homemade handkerchief.  I wanted to mark it with something special to commemorate the significance of it.  I added the year in vinyl. 
The reason I love this handkerchief so much is because it is made by the sewing talent shared by my Mom and I, the crocheting talent of my Mom and the vinyl talent that I possess.  It's special because of that and just the sacredness and beauty of the proclamation that Pres. Nelson shared during this very unique General Conference. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...