Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day.

didn't realize till this morning that the 3 photos I have saved in my jewelry box are of those women who helped get me here. I love this photo of my Mom and I that I recently found.
I wonder what must have been going through my Mom's mind and heart, in this photo.
The second is maternal grandmother, my Tutu.
It's been 14 years since she passed and I wish I could have at least 5 minutes just to hug her and hear her voice again. 
The last photo is my paternal grandmother, Grandma Salote. 
 I never met her in this life and it's hard to remember her voice during our long distance phone calls when I was a kid.
Church was nice, today. As always, my favorite part is when the Primary children sing. At the end of Sacrament meeting, the youth passed out flowers to all the women.
That's always so thoughtful. For the first time ever, we had a brunch for the Relief Society hour. It was so very nice! 

 I'm thankful for the time I've had today to reflect upon those good women in my life who are mothers to me, both genetically, figuratively & through their examples. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...