I've been writing in my journal more and I love it! I really need to update this blog in the most serious way. I'll add that to my list of things to do this week. Perhaps I could have worked on it today, since I stayed home from work. Eh, then again I was having a Sex and the City marathon and trying to lay oh so still today. But for now, my husband has rolled over on to my left arm and I'm trying to do my best to blog with my right hand. With that said, I'll come back later to blog more when I can use both arms and hands.
Monday, January 23, 2017
This morning, as we were getting ready for church, I laid out my church clothes; grey cardigan, black & white buttoned blouse, black pencil skirt & red tights.
Levi asked that I pass his church clothes over from our closet: khaki pants, short sleeve white shirt and 3 neckties that were hanging from his shirt hanger.
As we were driving to church, I asked him why he decided to go with his black & red tie. He told me it was to go with my red tights. My heart swelled even bigger than it had already grown from the night before.
Last night, I had an emotional breakdown. With 4 friends who recently gave birth in the last month, I couldn't help but feel a little envious of their new role of motherhood. I don't really talk about this much outside my marriage. After visiting our new baby nephew yesterday, my heartstrings were pulled pretty tight. I don't really want to divulge much about my tear filled conversation with Levi, but my heart could burst at his tender and sensitive spirit. I could feel all the tenderness from his heart reassure me. I felt the deepest corners of his heart love me in the way that I needed, in that very moment.
I'm so thankful that God handpicked this man to place in my life and experience all of life's adventures with. My cup runneth o'er.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
I'm sick. I think I got Levi sick too. No bueno. We left early from church today because I was about to have a coughing fit in the middle of Sacrament meeting. I'm thankful Levi could drive new home. I'm so grateful to have a partner as caring as he.
Yesterday, we went to Levi's sister's baby shower.
It was so nice to see his family. They are all so very kind and have been warm & welcoming since I met them. I'm thankful for that. I'm lucky.
I enjoy seeing all of my father-in-law's wooden creations. I appreciate the time & talent put into his pieces. I'm grateful that he taught Levi this wonderful talent.
On Friday, we went to see Dr. Strange. It was pretty good and I always enjoy watching the Marvel movies with Levi.
The evening before, my friend and colleague Chuy (or did I call him Chewy before?) married his high school sweetheart.
Friday, September 9, 2016
I just wanted to remember this evening out with my sweetheart. We went to Filippi's in Santee, had the usual family combo of spaghetti, lasagna & ravioli with a meatball. We talked about the upcoming Fall season and our Fall traditions. We smiled a lot, teased a bit and enjoyed each other's company, immensely. I truly love evenings like this.
Friday, August 26, 2016
- Just got home from church after setting up a little more for the ward luau tomorrow night. I should be downloading music for the luau right now but I'm kickin' back a little, watching Grey's Anatomy.
- I started watching Grey's Anatomy about a month ago and I'm on season 6. I actually really enjoy it! I love all the anatomy lingo but occasionally I get tired of Meredith Grey. Miranda Bailey is probably my favorite, along with Lexi Grey. I'm so consumed with GA that I feel like they're my friends....like O'Malley. <3 li="">
- I'm going to work tomorrow. I LOOOOOOOOVE that I have the option for overtime, which will help with my upcoming birthday! I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing for the day, but there will be church. Maybe a brunch? We'll see.
- Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy my job? I really do as weird as that sounds. I really like my department, the people I work with and what I do. I get to work with numbers all day and calculate all the money judgments my firm sends to court. I like how mellow my department is which is such a huge blessing. I like that one of the partners feels the need to tease me each day. She's a riot, that's for sure! :) It's just so nice and laid back at just the right times during the days. Our annual review is coming up next month, I'm interested to see what will be said.
- I have more I want to blog about, but I've gotta get this music going. Until next time.... 3>
at 10:29 PM
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
On August 7th, I booked a night for our anniversary at Harrah's SoCal. It was my gift to Levi since he LOVES lazy rivers. It was such an amazing day there. We loved floating down the lazy river at night.
The next morning was my favorite. We had about 2.5 hours before check out so we went swimming. We started off in the lazy river but ended up floating around the 21+ over pool. I seriously loved it so much. I was relaxed on a float as Levi floated around me in the water, while holding on to my tube so I wouldn't float away or into people. I loved him so much for doing that. He just let me relax and enjoy myself. We were just two carefree people in love and enjoying life in that moment.
at 11:01 PM
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
There's so much I need to blog about, but for now this is on the forefront of my mind & heart...
I am divinely favored, that is for damn sure.
at 12:26 AM