Monday, November 9, 2015
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Last night, I was just thinking of how much I love our home. This past weekend we made a lovely lil trip to Ikea.
Me + screws + instructions = No bueno
There's just something about it that overwhelms me. Give me a recipe, I'd rather work with that.
Ikea can be such a fun place...
at 1:29 PM
Friday, October 16, 2015
Things to note:
1. Yes, it is 3:39am
2. This is just 1/8th of a baby shower banner I made tonight.
3. I'm most creative when I'm down to the wire.
4. Some could call it procrastination, but the added pressure helps me think.
5. With less than 3 hours of sleep, tomorrow [ahem, today] is going to be a very, VERY long day.
at 3:47 AM
Saturday, October 10, 2015
Can I just say how much I am looking forward to receiving the November issue of the Ensign!? I thoroughly enjoyed the talks I heard last weekend.
at 1:02 PM
1. Norah Jones.
Seriously such a good song! It was the first one on my shuffle this morning. I need to download more Norah Jones songs! I forgot how much I love her voice!
2. Got an awesome seat on the trolley, this morning! It was a different view and I just loved it. I caught myself smiling as I enjoyed the beautiful scenery of gorgeous San Diego. Should anyone be THIS happy to be riding the trolley?? I seriously LOVE it! Plus, I just realized last night that there's an earlier trolley so I can get to work 15 minutes AND it's less crowded. AWESOMENESS to the tenth power!
3. Today, I stopped bending over backwards for a friend. Do you know how relieving that is?! I try to be a nice person, but there's no need to go out of your way to someone who doesn't appreciate it nor will ever reciprocate it.
4. Had some good laughs with my colleagues at work. It can seriously help life a dragging work day!
5. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins from Starbucks = Autumn Amazingness!!
at 12:11 AM
Thursday, October 8, 2015
I don't know how it happened, but today was a very good day. I was in a good mood all day. I started my day off with riding the trolley and it was so much fun! Seriously, I love riding the trolley! There's so much to look at and it's just relaxing sitting there, reading and listening to music. I love it!
I was just spot on with my work and today was probably my most productive day in a very long time. I had a nice day with my colleagues and even had a good laugh with a few of them. Definitely a very good day! Plus, I got to come home to my sweetheart and eat a scrumptious dinner with him. There are so many things I love about coming home, amongst the very best of them, it is being able to come home to my sweetheart who greets me with a smile and a kiss.
Throughout the day, I even caught myself smiling just because. I liked today, I hope tomorrow is a repeat of today! Happy Thursday!
at 11:27 PM
Monday, October 5, 2015
Yesterday, marked 3 years since this wonderful man changed my life...
We tried to think of so many different places to celebrate our anniversary but we couldn't agree on any one place...but we could agree on wanting breakfast. Hellooooo Denny's. It didn't really matter where we ate, we could have gone to McDonald's and it still would have been fun.
He didn't know I was taking these photos of him. I just love his face so much. It's always so peaceful for me.
"Sometimes home isn't 4 walls, it's 2 eyes and a heartbeat"
That is what Levi is for me. He is so patient when I don't deserve it, he makes any situation 1000x better and life is brighter having him by my side.
I love this photo of us. I love his smile. I'm so lucky and sometimes I don't appreciate it as much as I should, but I'll never stop trying.
Levi and I watched a few talks during the Saturday morning session of General Conference. Elder Maynes gave a beautiful talk. It was so nice to watch General Conference again. There was a beautiful spirit that could be felt from the talks that were given.
I guess the talks affected me in such a way that I had a very vivid dream this morning. In my dream, I was visiting my parents and my Dad asked me to say a prayer. I remember the words of my prayer, I was expressing gratitude for those that attended my Dad while he was ill and for the safety & protection over my Mom in his absence. Well, I think I caught myself talking and opened my eyes. My poor Levi was just staring at me. I think I mumbled something like, "I was praying in my dream" and then closed my eyes to finish my prayer. It was so real, I remember all the details. I think I've been thinking of prayer because last night, I thought of my Kuku & Tutu and how they used to kneel by the bed for their morning and evening prayers. It made me think of starting that with Levi. Some of the most sincerest prayers I've offered up have been on my knees. I think it would bring a sweet and humble element to our marriage. With that said, it's late and I'm missing my sweetheart, I need to get to bed. G'nite.