- Just got home from church after setting up a little more for the ward luau tomorrow night. I should be downloading music for the luau right now but I'm kickin' back a little, watching Grey's Anatomy.
- I started watching Grey's Anatomy about a month ago and I'm on season 6. I actually really enjoy it! I love all the anatomy lingo but occasionally I get tired of Meredith Grey. Miranda Bailey is probably my favorite, along with Lexi Grey. I'm so consumed with GA that I feel like they're my friends....like O'Malley. <3 li="">
- I'm going to work tomorrow. I LOOOOOOOOVE that I have the option for overtime, which will help with my upcoming birthday! I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing for the day, but there will be church. Maybe a brunch? We'll see.
- Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy my job? I really do as weird as that sounds. I really like my department, the people I work with and what I do. I get to work with numbers all day and calculate all the money judgments my firm sends to court. I like how mellow my department is which is such a huge blessing. I like that one of the partners feels the need to tease me each day. She's a riot, that's for sure! :) It's just so nice and laid back at just the right times during the days. Our annual review is coming up next month, I'm interested to see what will be said.
- I have more I want to blog about, but I've gotta get this music going. Until next time.... 3>
Friday, August 26, 2016
at 10:29 PM
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
On August 7th, I booked a night for our anniversary at Harrah's SoCal. It was my gift to Levi since he LOVES lazy rivers. It was such an amazing day there. We loved floating down the lazy river at night.
The next morning was my favorite. We had about 2.5 hours before check out so we went swimming. We started off in the lazy river but ended up floating around the 21+ over pool. I seriously loved it so much. I was relaxed on a float as Levi floated around me in the water, while holding on to my tube so I wouldn't float away or into people. I loved him so much for doing that. He just let me relax and enjoy myself. We were just two carefree people in love and enjoying life in that moment.
at 11:01 PM
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
There's so much I need to blog about, but for now this is on the forefront of my mind & heart...
I am divinely favored, that is for damn sure.
at 12:26 AM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Saturday, July 2, 2016
I didn't even really get to post much about Father's Day. It was a wonderful time spent with family. I always love seeing my Dad. I'll definitely have to post more about my Dad, SOON!
Last week was FULL of training, since my partner was going to be out on vacation this past week. Wait, did that make sense? 2 weeks ago we trained...5 days of drinking out of a firehose. Seriously, it was a lot and I think it started to take a toll on both of us. Thankfully, I totally like my partner and I get the feeling that it's mutual. She's way chill and funny, which helps since we work closely with each other. So this past week of work was better than I expected!!! Seriously, I'm so lucky. I thank my lucky stars and my Heavenly Father that I was able to endure it and come out on top!! The cool part is that my boss let me "spin the wheel". It's a little incentive for our department and our other offices. You could spin anywhere from $25 - $100. I LUCKILY spun and landed on the one $100 spot! I was stoked! It was a great way to start a Thursday!
To start this past week, Levi and I were asked to speak in church. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous for both of us We had a week to prepare and this would be Levi's first talk, EVER! True to form, Levi was calm, funny and informative. Also true to form, I was nervous, emotional (it was on the Priesthood, so I spoke about my Dad) and VERY teary eyed. I couldn't have been more proud of Levi. Seriously, so many ward members came up to introduce themselves and compliment us....mostly him and I was perfectly ok with that. He did an amazing job.
I'm so thankful that life is going to slow down for a little bit, that we can both get into the rhythm of our jobs and figure out having one partial day off together. Saturdays are definitely different and somewhat lonely. Saturdays used to be our adventure day. It's ok though, we've just become more creative with our adventures now. Until next time....ciao!
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Stupid pity party. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed that I forget the big picture.
I won't be perfect at my partner's job, but I'll do my best.
My talk will be the best that I can share because it'll be from the heart.
I will look forward to meeting the ward members after church and enjoy a nice little snack. This will help Levi and I make more friends.
Everything will be accomplished and it'll all be ok.
Breathe, Ehu...just breathe.
at 2:28 PM
Work has been overwhelming lately. Seriously, I've been in overdrive this week trying to learn my partner's desk before she leaves for vacation. I'm not gonna lie, I'm mentally exhausted by the time I get home. Everything looks similar and my notes don't quite help at times. Honestly, I hope next week goes my like a blink of an eye. I'm just so mentally done and I've still got two more days of training. Seriously, I'm so spent I just want to scream. I miss just working my desk and processing court judgements.
Not to mention that both Levi and I were asked last Sunday to give a talk, this Sunday. Honestly, I'm not too pleased about that. He was asked first while I was still in my Relief Society class. I probably would have bargained to speak at a near future date. We've been asked to speak on the Priesthood; something he just received two weeks ago. I feel like it's just a bit early to be giving a talk so soon. But wait, there's more....
And I keep forgetting that Relief Society was asked to host the ward's first Linger Longer. My RS President asked the presidency to make a main dish that can feed a whole family. Hello crock pot meal...
I keep thinking, when will I have the time to accomplish all of this?? Oh yeah, and we've gotta do laundry too, aside from me working overtime this Saturday to prepare me for next week. Have I mentioned that Levi now works on Saturdays? I'm learning to adjust to it because I miss him terribly as I'm alone most of the day. Our adventure day has dwindled down to grocery shopping, dinner & sleep. Bummer.
I'm just venting. I just need to learn to decompress...or yell loudly into a pillow. Sorry I'm in a sour mood, my plate's a little to full at the moment. I just remembered another thing, I need to figure out my parents' insurance before we start to move them this next month.
(But I'd bring Levi, for sure! He's cute, such a good driver and we like the same road trip snacks.)