Monday, August 25, 2008
I've just been busy/tired!! By the time I get home each day, I'm just exhausted! I know I haven't had the best sleeping schedule lately....which totally feels like it's catching up to me each day. Today at work, I was reminded that we get next Monday off for Labor Day---THANK GOODNESS!! ONE DAY that I can ACTUALLY sleep in. I CANNOT WAIT!!! Actually, Ernest and I are thinkin' about goin' to the Temple to do a couple different sessions. I need to....so I can become more familiar with a certain Temple procedures. I'm so stoked for it.
Working at the Temple has been a blessing. This past Saturday, I was able to assist with a hearing impaired group. It was a very humbling experience. Two men were deaf, blind and mute. Watching them walk up the stairs brought me to tears. It made me think of my own father and his blindness. The way the members came together to help one another out was truly special. I'm blessed that have been a witness to this experience.
However, I do have a funny story to share from this past Saturday. After our "Morning meeting", I asked my Aunt to help me understand the different abbreviations on our schedules. I looked thru my schedule and noticed different abbreviations.... "CR" (Celestial Room)..."I" (Initiatories)...."B" (Baptisms)....and "CAF" (Cafeteria). I was confused as to why I would have the "CAF" so early on in my schedule, but I figured this would give me the chance to eat breakfast. I chose turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and a wheat bun., as well as a Snapple to wash it down with. After paying $7.40 I grabbed a seat at the last open table to sit down and eat my very delicious food, while also studying my schedule. No sooner then I had barely sat down to start eating, did I come to realize that "B" actually stood for "Break" and "CAF" really meant to WORK in the Cafeteria--not eat in it, just yet. OH MAN...I started to panic!! I didn't know what to do. I just spent about $8 on food and I didn't want to waste it...nor did I have anymore cash on me. I wasn't even half way thru my meal!! I was TERRIFIED that my supervisor was going to come down and find me eating instead of working (Maybe that's the fat kid in me?) I was afraid that the Cafeteria crew was going to read my nametag and know that I was the one who didn't show up for my shift. "Do I leave my food right there and run up to Sister Ong and explain my situation?"..."Throw away my food?"...."Or, start scarfing it down like there's no tomorrow?". Well, the Polynesian in me chose option C. I was breakin' a sweat since I was so worried and also at the rapid speed I was INHALING my food in. I couldn't even finish my meal. I had to ditch the rest. I ran back to my locker, put my wallet away and grabbed a stick of gum. Luckily I ran into my Aunt who asked a friend to take me back down to the Cafeteria to explain what I would need to do. When I got down there I was told to put on a chef's coat (as if I wasn't HOT enough!) and serve food (hot food, may I add!). I was so stinkin' hot!! After my '7 minute shift', I rode the elevator back to the locker rooms....I couldn't help but laugh at my self. That had to have been the most craziest and funniest moment of my life!! I wonder about myself sometimes.....
Well, just 4 more days til I get to go back to the Temple again. I'm so stoked! I love being in the Temple! It's the most beautiful place on earth.
Today's been quite an awesome day....I reunited with a couple old friends. Wow, time flies... but man, I'm so happy to have come across these friends and see where their lives have ended up. Several have married, a couple of them now have babies and one now has 4 grand kids! Awesome, truly awesome!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
21 deep questions that could really tell you something.[ Not simple questions like "How Old Are You?" ]
1. What is more difficult for you; looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel? The first....I have a hard time with eye contact, even more so when sharing my feelings.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. Maybe last month when I found one of my socks worn ragged by nephew (It's pretty infuriating since I've asked him SEVERAL times to not wear my socks!)
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You get enough time to make ONE phone call. Who would you call? My parents to reassure them that all will be well and to remind them of how much I love them.
4. You are at the doctor's office and she has just informed you that you have one month to live.(A)Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? I'd tell those that are closest to me (B) What do you do with your remaining days? Spend it with family and my best friends, in Kihei, Maui...my most favorite place in the whole world. (C)Would you be afraid? A lil, not because I wouldn't know what's going to happen hereafter, but how it was all to come to an end.
5. You can have one of the following two things: trust or love. I'd say trust. You can always love those you trust...but can you trust those you love?
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do? How deep is the canal? Honestly, if it's a deep canal, sorry dog. If not, then sure why not?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Tahiti!!
8. Think of the last person who you really knew that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year of your life. Do you? Of course, I know it would make my Mom extremely happy to spend an hour with my grandmother.
9. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend? Sometimes I wonder this because I know I'm not too good at returning phone calls which makes me a hypocrite, but I would hope that I'd still be considered a good friend despite this.
10. Does love = sex? Not so much.
11. Your best friend dies, what would you do? I'd be tragically sad for a very long time considering the fact that she's been my bff and neighbor all of our lives (27 years)
12. When and how was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt? I do it all the time.
13. What would be harder for you to tell someone you love them or that you do not love them back? DANG!! I dislike doing the second one, that's hard!!
15. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them? I think Thursday when I apologized to my Mom for losing my cool.
16. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, if you HAD to, even if you had "no regrets" what would it be? I would have tried harder to get into BYU-Hawaii right after high school.
17. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside, you hear someone walking around outside your window. Who do you call? My older brother Dave who's fearless and super strong!!
18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Of course--two words: Mouth guard.
19. Are you old fashioned? YES, a hopeless romantic that believes in chivalry.
20. Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a heart break or have never loved before? True love!! "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all".
21. If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true, what would you do? I'd wish to have Bill Gates & Donald Trump's bank accounts :) Ask a broke person if money can't buy happiness, I'm pretty sure they'll disagree....GRR student loans!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
My day at the Temple yesterday was tremendously magnificent!! It was so beautiful. The time flew by quickly!! I cannot wait to go back again and again and again!! I can’t wait for Saturday to be here!! Hopefully me, Ernest & Stephen will be able to do a session this week. I love going to the Temple with friends!! I wish I could divulge everything I experienced yesterday, but it’s just too sacred and beautiful to disclose. However, I was blessed to assist in a Sealing and that was so exquisite!! It makes me now desire a temple marriage more than anything ever before. I can’t wait to go to the Temple again!!
Ugh Monday!! It’s not so much that I have to go back to work, it’s the fact that I have to go back to MY work. Friday was a hard day. I broke down. I dislike my trainer [the girl I‘m replacing] and can’t wait for her to LEAVE!! I’m trying not to have these ill will feelings towards her, but she needs to go!.
My lesson went pretty well today. It ended about 5 minutes earlier than I expected--which was good in the long run. I truly hope my class enjoyed it. I hope I’m not boring them to death. Wish that wasn’t the case with my organ playing today though. OH MAN!! It was pretty bad!! I don’t know what happened!! I thought I knew the hymns, especially the opening hymn…hmm, I guess not? Oh well, I tried my best. I just know that I’ll need to practice more this week, that’s all.
This weekend was pretty awesome!! I loved every second of it!! Especially today and the opportunity of playing Monopoly with my three nephews for 6.5 hours. WOW!! It was fun…most especially since I won!! YAAAAY!! I love my nephews and the rare chances I get to hang out with just them. What an awesome weekend!!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
I teach for the first time this Sunday in Gospel Essentials (Principles) class!! AHHHHHHH!!! I'm so glad I studied and set my lesson plan 3 weeks ago. I'm so stoked!! I hope all goes well in class!! I also hope I just don't start bawling over something or another.
Oh, and did I mention I play the organ this month as well..... WOW!! Talk about Trusting in the Lord and PRAYING, PRAYING and PRAYING!!
Hmm, I think I'm lookin' forward to my Sunday Afternoon nap and it's only Friday nite :)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
*I've been praying to have missionary opportunities come my way. More specifically, that I would recognize those opportunities too. Well today at the park I saw a man reading and DANG did I wish I had a Book of Mormon pass along card today!! It was mind boggling that I even had the urge to approach someone with the gospel. I was happy (that I had those feelings) and sad (that I didn't have the proper pass along card) about it. GRR!! Ok, I hope I get the opportunity again! I can't fail next time!
*As much as I LOVELOVELOVE my new Temple Ordinance worker calling, I've been thinking of all the activities I'll be losing out on since my shift is mid-day (11am-5pm)...but tonight it all finally clicked. How truly blessed am I to be able to spend 5 hours every Saturday in the most beautiful, peaceful and spiritual place in all of San Diego?! I get to be of service to all those who pass thru the doors of the Temple, as well as those who have passed on. I'm so tremendously excited to start this Saturday!!
*Work is getting easier each day. Thank goodness! I'm so happy!! Almost to the point of actually ENJOYING work. The word is out at work that "Ehu's Mormon". Alrighty, bring it on!
*I'm excited for this month. So much is going on! I feel like I've gotta have a steel trap memory because I'll be learning SOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I'm excited!! However, I realize that I've truly gotta trust in the Lord to help pull me thru this month. What a wonderful time to live!