Monday, January 24, 2011

Humbled.

Yesterday at church, I was asked to sing a special musical number for this next Sunday's "Ward Conference". It was a total surprise!!

Actually more like a 'shock'.

I feel so touched to be asked to do such a thing. About a year ago, I wanted to give up on music because of my Meniere's Disease. It was such a difficult thing to do with the constant "whooshing" in my left ear. It was hard to hear the note in order to sing and at times, to play the piano as well. I didn't want to lose this musical talent that I feel so tremendously blessed to have.

But now, I also feel very humbled....

Last month, I could not get over a certain girl in the ward, who ALWAYS assigned herself to ALL the musical numbers. I was extremely annoyed with her by the end of the month. So now, I feel very humbled because of everything I said. Since I've "talked the talk", I now get to "walk the walk". I feel like I need to practice the heck out of the song that I found, since I decided to run my mouth. Now I get to put my money where my mouth is!

Oh man.....

"One slice of Humble Pie to go, please".


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...