Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kalanster.


Today I was fortunate enough to eat lunch with my youngest nephew, "Buddy". It's not often when I even get to see him, even though we live in the same house. He's always on the go or with friends. So I feel pretty lucky that I got to spend a lil time with him.
He's pretty different from my 2 older nephews. He's not as chill and laid back as them. He's wound up a lil tighter than they are. Actually, he takes after my very blunt, filterless and sometimes cynical father. He is most definitely my father's grandson. But that's what I like about Buddy, you don't have to guess where you stand with him. You don't have to wonder what he's thinking or how he's feeling, sometimes. I like it.
He's such a fun kid. I could never imagine our family without him. We use to teasingly call him, "Fed-Ex" after the movie, "Cheaper By the Dozen" came out just because he was so different from his brothers. Sometimes he works my nerves, but it just challenges me to try to understand him a lil more. He can definitely be a lil rough around the edges, but he has a good heart.
Buddy's a good kid. I love him a lot. He's so talented. He plays the guitar, sings and writes songs. I think he's so smart and I've always had (and still have) hopes that he'd be a doctor someday. His bedside manner would be terrible, but he'd always give it to you straight. I love the fact that even though he's a teenage boy, he showers and cares a lot about his appearance & grooming. He comes to me to ask what he should match together for certain outfits. I love those times. I also ask him for his opinion. I know that he'll be direct and won't beat around the bushes. That's very 'him'.
I have such high hopes for his life. He has a lot of potential. I'm so grateful to have him as a part of my family and my life. I love that kid so much. I hope he knows this.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...