Saturday, January 15, 2011

Update: Randi style....

So I need to blog more often...but we'll just go for a randomonium entry for now...........

-I SHOULD be doing homework right now. But I'm a lil tapped out on being in front of a computer, reading. ((yes yes, I know this totally defeats the purpose))

-My hand hurts from writing the world's longest letter to my dear friend StephaniePatricia (aka: "Hermanita"). Oh I miss her so much. She leaves the MTC this Monday for Albuquerque. I'm so excited for her. I miss her so terribly.

-I'm REALLY enjoying being on this 'Brown Guy Train'. Why did I have tunnel vision for ONLY Caucasian guys? I guess it's cause I grew up liking surfers. Honestly, it's cause I grew up around Brown guys and wanted something different. No, I'm not racist because I didn't even dig Polynesian guys as well. For 2 reasons. #1: They end up being related somehow. #2: They end up looking like someone I'm related to. But seriously...I'm liking the Brown. It's fun!

-I started back up with school. I know, right?! School...who would have guessed! Luckily it's the online program with BYU-Idaho. BYU-Hawaii was the ONLY BYU school I ever saw myself attending....so I'm kinda going through a lil shock {I'm not a fan of BYU--GO UTES!!}. Actually, I saw this as an opportunity to getting into BYU-H when it came time to transfer. I had/have 3 goals for my life:
*Serve a full time mission for The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints.
*Graduate from Brigham Young University-Hawaii
*Marry in the LDS Temple
So, I've only completed 1 out of 3 goals in my 30 years of life. Kinda shabby, but I'm gonna die trying!!

-When does Glee come back on?!?! I'm soooooo missing it!!

-I shaved my head again. Several of my friends wondered, "WHY!?". First off, it's only hair--it grows back. Second, it's also a personal reason. Third, I honestly feel prettier without my hair. I know that sounds weird to think, "Hmm, a woman feels prettier without hair?! HOW!??". As much as I love my curly hair, I feel like it got all the attention. Without hair, I feel like people actually look at my face. Which means I have to step it up a bit and make it enjoyable for these people who are looking at my face. I never realized how truly beautiful my face is, like my big brown eyes, or my long eyelashes, the curves of my eyebrows, my cheeks as I apply blush (that I LOVE to wear now) or my full lips. It's been a blessing going through this experience. I feel more confident without hair. I'm sure strangers wonder SO many things when I'm not wearing a hat, but honestly, I don't really care what they think. I know who I am and I know why I have a shaved head.

-Soooo, my crush caught me tonight..... We ended up talking tonight and he's seriously a very chill guy, a cutie and such a sweetie! I can't wait to see him again. Hmm...for now, I think I'll call him, Captain. :) I've known Captain for the last several years. We'd talk whenever we saw each other at church, but I wouldn't exactly call us friends. He was always so nice, but I NEVER had an interest in him....til I saw him last Sunday. When he walked into church, I did a double take and then proceeded to watch him walk in. (Oh the blessings of playing the organ: I get to sit in front of the whole congregation and watch everyone.) I felt myself starting to blush, because I became SO nervous!!! I was suddenly viewing Captain in a whole new light!! I wanted to talk to him after our Sacrament meeting (services) but he took off before I could. Anyways....back to our texting & talking tonight. [I got his number from my wingman] I was flirting with him and teasing him a bit....til he totally called me on it. Literally. It was cool, cause he finally figured out it was me and told me to not be a stranger and hit him up again! Man....he's HOT!!!

-I'm GIDDY/ECSTATIC to wear my new Bohemian dress!! I miss my short straight hair, because I would totally bust a 'Farrah Fawcett" if I had it. Eh, it's cool... I'll just rock the accessories!

-Other than that..... Life is A-Ok.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...