Sunday, August 16, 2015

About blogging & friendships...

I really dislike the fact that I don't blog as often as I'd like to. I like blogging because I always feel like a good way to keep in touch with long distant loved ones. I know the biggest turn off I have with blogging is that estranged relatives continue to read my blog. I don't get it but maybe it gives them stuff to later badger me with... Lame.
Anyways, I have so much to blog about but at the same time, I'm trying to journal more. I guess you could say that I'm trying to find a nice balance. 
In the mean while.... Let's see what I've got.
Yesterday, after a very touching funeral, I went out to lunch with Hermanita. I love anytime I get to be friends with her in real life. I wish I could see all my dear close friends in person, all the time. I miss human interaction. I think social media is such a fake crutch for friendships. I love hearing and seeing friends, whenever possible. Lunch out with her was just a so great! I love girl talk! It's always so fun to hear what's going on in their lives. 
Plus, when there's delicious food and especially tasty cheesecake, it makes it even better! What a fun afternoon!
I can't believe it's already Sunday night. I'm not a big fan of Sunday night, a.k.a. Monday eve. Although, I'll be hanging out with my friend Odin and going to FHE tomorrow at my old ward. 
I think the thing that makes me a lil nervous about tomorrow is that I'm taking Odin to my old singles ward. There's a couple people that I'd like to steer clear of because they gossip. Here's the thing...I've known Odin since we were like 7 years old. We've always JUST been friends, NOTHING more. He's a cool guy and in this day and age, how often are people still friends with their childhood friends and can actually see them in real life? I'm lucky I can count on both hands the amount of childhood friends I still have in my life and city. Blessed, I tell ya! Well, I've also been extremely fortunate to have a very loving and trusting husband that knows I would never do anything to jeopardize his trust and our marriage. I'm glad he loves me so much to understand that friends mean a lot to me, no matter what the gender. Besides, when it comes down to male friends, I've made sure to introduce Levi to all of them that I ever plan on hanging out with. I would never want him to feel uncomfortable, at all. 
I know a couple friends have thought it to be weird if I ever hang out with male friends. I can understand their hesitancy due to some LDS standards. What it comes down to is trust and honesty. 
I hate having to explain myself. I would think that if people REALLY know me, there'd be no discussion at all. End of story. 
Well it's late and I need to get some sleep. Plus this Bruddah Iz iHeart radio station is starting to work its magic, I'm relaxed and definitely ready for bed. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...