Sunday, February 22, 2009

Countin' down til Fat Tuesday!

I'm excited for Tuesday---MARDI GRAS!! WWWWHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!! I've always had a secret love for the holiday. It must have started when I was a kid. My Dad's co-worker, Fitz, would always come home from an annual trip to New Orleans with a can full of bead necklaces for me. My Dad, being an immigrant from Tonga, didn't grow up with "Mardi Gras". Maybe if my Dad knew why Fitz had these bead necklaces left over from his "trip", I'm sure they wouldn't have landed in my possession.
For the last couple of years my friends and I have tried to do something for Mardi Gras. A couple times Liz and I have wanted to go Downtown for the celebrations, but it always ended up raining. Two years ago Britty and I tried to celebrate it, but the closest we got to it was...oh, nevermind. It's a lil embarrassing. So this year, my co-worker Mamacita and I are finally doing it! We're buying our tickets tomorrow and we're strapping on our masks!! I'm excited!! No, I won't be "working" for my beads--I'll obtain them by other means :). I'm excited for the parade and dancing in the streets to some sweet Zydeco tunes!!
See ya Tuesday, Mardi Gras!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...