Friday, February 6, 2009

The Creation Challenge:

Last Sunday, after I taught my Sunday school class on "The Creation", I challenged the class to take time each day to recognize and appreciate some of God's creations.

My most favorite time of day is when the sun's setting. It is truly a spectacular sight to take in. I love the way red and purple stretch across the sky. I love the rich golden sun as it sets and makes it's final impression for the day. It is so breathtaking to take in. To me, I cannot deny that God loves us so much to create something this magnificent and for our enjoyment.

Tuesday, as I was left work after 5pm, a warm gentle breeze caressed my face. It was just right...perfect, actually. The weather was exceptionally wonderful, considering the time of day and season. Is this really winter? S'wonderful!

Yesterday morning as we drove towards the freeway, I couldn't help but notice the large mountains to the east. I love that 2 minute drive because it makes me grateful to see the big beautiful mountain range through my windshield while in my rear view mirrior I can see the vast, blue Pacific Ocean. Where else can one get the best of both worlds like that?!

Last night, when I got home a little after 11 and turned off the car, I was stunned as to how bright the moon was. It was simply exquisite. With the car's headlights and house porch light off, I could see everything so clearly--especially for it being close to midnight. The stars were radiant. I could see Orion, I always love that. I marveled at the clouds as they swiftly drifted across the sky. The evening wind was gentle, not cold or harsh. If ever I could describe an ideal evening, that would have been it.
The Earth is such a beautiful place. I think we all need to take time out of our lives and just stop to smell the roses....notice a sunset or even just enjoy the scenery. It's worth it. I promise.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...