Thursday, March 6, 2008

EXHAUSTED!!

SSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!


Today was my first day substituting as a 'Health/Attendance' clerk at an elementary school. OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm so tired and I was only there for 4 hours!! I would never want to imagine spending a WHOLE day there!! I had at least 20 kids come in with some sort of ailment! Headache, stomach ache, chest pain, whizzing, painful leg and/or finger, medications, wet pants and soiled pants.

I'm so exhausted.

On top of all that fun stuff, I had paper work to fill out for each one--as well as keep track of every kid that came in needing to take their medication. I'm so GRATEFUL that the school's nurse was in today because the icing on the cake was when a kid was brought in from the playground with a HOLE in the back of his head--BLEEDING PROFUSELY, ALL OVER HIS SHIRT!! OH MY HECK!! I couldn't believe it! With all the Anatomy & Pathology classes and cadaver labs, I was not expecting to see that--nor wanted to. I was just standing there, holding medical cards, staring at this kid's head. I think the nurse's office came to a stand still--because really, REALLY, who expects to see that?!?! I KNOW I DIDN'T! So the nurse helped him out by applying pressure to his head and tried to calm his nerves. OBVIOUSLY she's a nurse, a good one at that. I would have F.R.E.A.K.E.D. out had she not been there today...probably called 911 & quit the job, as well. But she took care of him, called his parents and he was sent home. DAAAAAAAAAANNGGG!!

Dude, I don't EVER want to go back!

EVER.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...