Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday.

From one of my favorite movies, "In Her Shoes":

Maggie Feller: Shoes like these should not be locked in a closet! They should be living a life of scandal, and pasion and getting screwed in an alleyway by a billionaire while his frigid wife waits in the limo thinking that he just went back into the bar to get his cellphone. These are cute too.

Rose Feller: Please tell me you just made that up.

Maggie Feller: Look, if you're not going to wear them... don't buy them! Leave them for someone who's going to get something out of them.

Rose Feller: I get something out of them! When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit.


After cleaning the chapel today (My ward was suppose to have a 9 & 10am VBall game--NO ONE SHOWED UP!! GRR! So there I was cleaning instead :( ) I went home and had a MUY DELICIOSO breakfast!! Arroz, frijoles, huevos con chorizo y tortillas. (rice, beans, eggs w/ chorizo and tortillas) SO FREAKIN DELICIOUS! Then I went out shoppin' with my bestie Liz [gosh, I dislike that word!], courtesy of Mom & Dad [gosh, I like those words---actually a belated Christmas gift]. We just went to Kohl's & I found 2 casual black shoes (all mine seem to be shades of brown or orange).
One's to hang out---all for the lovely price of $3.99 (Mine aren't polka dot, but have skulls, crosses and paisley on them. I didn't notice the crosses til I got home. EEEK! )

and the other's for whatevers...but they were only $15 and they're Sketchers. ROCK ON!! BUT THEN....I found a CUTEY cute cute purse which is pretty much a Vera Bradley knock off---but I have no problem with that!!

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Maybe I'll just alternate between my real Vera Bradley and my fake one and no one can tell...hmm.... GENIUS! Pathetic, I know.

Anyway, the dialogue above...I have the most shoes here in the house. Sometimes I feel guilty buying more, but seriously, I love shoes. I'm not a huge fanatic about them, I like having choices! I don't have an overabundance of shoes, it's just that I find GREAT deals on them. It's usually difficult to find shoes for my size 11 feet. UGH! However, I love shoes because they always fit. They're quick & easy to try on and they can always make or break an outfit. Did I need them? (define "need")Yes, I think so. If you asked my family that, they'd most likely say no. Eek--let's not ask them then. I feel just like Rose. In fact, as I was debating over which one to get, her quote came to mind. So I thought I'd share it.

And what'd I have for dinner: Steak and crab w/ Potatoes and YUMMY Veggies. LOVED IT!

BUT! I think I'm gettin' sick. NO BUENO!

OH YEAH! And I got summonded for jury duty. SHOOT ME IN MY HEAD! UGH!

OH YEAH AGAIN! My close friend Stephanie had her baby boy yesterday!! A LEAP YEAR BABY!! I LOVE IT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...