Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lately...

Lately, maybe the last 2 weeks or so, I've been really wishing to move to Hawaii...more so, Maui. I'd been there several times as a child, but the last time I was there was about 2 years ago in August 2006 for my Mom's family reunion. It was a exquisite experience. I truly felt as though I had found paradise. We stayed in Kihei, Maui and our condo was right across the street from the Kama’ole Beaches. As we were swimming around in the ocean that first late afternoon, I remember looking around and thinking “Wow, this is truly paradise. I have never seen anything more beautiful!” Seeing the deep green palm trees swaying on the beach, feeling the refreshing tepid sea water, the balmy island breeze on my face…it was a once in a life time event. I loved it. I wish I had my camera to document that moment. Instead, I took a minute or two to just take it all in, that exquiste sensory moment. I loved it, and have missed it since then.



The rest of the trip was marvelous! Clear and not-so-cold-ocean water...it was GREAT!! I guess you could say I was quite captivated by the beaches...much MUCH different than the beaches in San Diego. LOOK! At that water! It's crystal clear!! Just the right temperature too--what more could you ask for? While in Maui, I wasn't in many photos...well, I should say, I was busy taking photos of everything & everyone else in my family. Gosh, I loved every second of Maui!! I can't wait to go back this summer for another family reunion!!











....................................................
(Makena Beach/"Big Beach" which had shore breaks-not a fan!! and 'blacks beach' right beyond the cliff)

Here's just a couple more of my favorite Hawaii photos...just on Oahu this time. Gosh, I can't wait til this summer...well, maybe I can cause the holidays have definitely taken it's toll on this body--AHHH!!!










...................................................................................
(Ridin' "The Bus" around Oahu...on the way to snag some shave ice from the classic Matsumoto's.)

I love the islands. I'd move there in a second if I could!! I think the only thing I would miss from San Diego, if given the chance, would be my dear friends and muy bueno comida de Mexico!! As learned from my Oahu '06 trip...there's no good taco shops in the 808. Lots of rice and Soyu. Thank goodness my boyfriend's mom made me enchiladas, bless her heart! I was able to survive. I like the island living...the 'easy going' way of life. Weather that was so beautifully compatible to live with...oh gosh, I need to move there. Tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...