Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thank You Heavenly Father!

Almost didn't want to go to the gym this morning....and almost missed out on the two, er, three great blessings of going too!!

Blessing #1: I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE when Jen and I go work out and who happens to show up??? The Chula Vista Fire Department!! WELL HELLO BOYS!! Oh man, and do they look good in their dark blue shirts and short,tight shorts... WOW!! LOVE IT!

Blessing #2: While Jen and I were on the Elliptical machines gettin' ready to get off this guy walked by. VERY CUTE guy, may I add! So he's kinda lookin' up at us and I'm peering down on him because he looked very familiar! Jen asks me if he went to our ol' high school. I ask her if his last name was Martinez. She nor I could really recall. So he walks off down the row to another Elliptical machine. I'm trying to see his face and look in the mirrior at him. I then realized who it was! It was my late friend's younger brother. I haven't really kept in touch with her family since she passed away eleven years ago. I ran into their mother at the market about 2 months ago. It was nice to catch up! Ms. Martinez said to stop by their house--didn't really give me an address, just a location. I've always used that as my excuse as to why I've never gone by. (They moved a block away after Ana passed away) ANYWAY--So Paolo comes over and kindly says, "I don't mean to scare you, but I've been looking at you and I know you! Do you remember me??" (That was so kind of him to start off that way...sweet, if you ask me) So I tell him that of course I remember him and it was good to see him. This gave me the opportunity to finally stop and we start chattin' til he says, "Oh, don't let me stop you, keep going! I'll jump on this one next to you!" (Noooo, I wanted to stop, REALLY!......ahhhhhhhh!! GREAT! Now I'll be sweating AND out of breath while talking to you. NICE, real nice!! ugh!!) So he gets on and we're talking and catching up...of ALL the days to look horrible--EEK!! He on the other hand is far from the 'younger brother' I remembered. Gone is the baby fat he once had as a young teenager, now replaced by a masculine physique that made me quiver with giddiness and nervousness. HOT!! WOW--now my face was red for a whole different reason. He looked GOOD!! So we're talkin' about what was going on in his life and how he's getting out of the military to join the local law enforcement. WOW--HOT METER thru the roof!! (I have a thing for guys in uniform!!) So he mentions that we need to exchange numbers--[NICE!!] I told him that I had nothing to write it down on nor did I have my phone with me...so he comes back with his and his Mom's numbers' on a slip of paper. We continued a nice lil convo til he mentioned "...then my fiancee said I should have...." [can you hear the sound of a record player abruptly coming to a screeching halt?--yeah, I did!] DAAAAAANNNNNNNG IIIIIIITTTTTT!! So yeah, now I'm gonna have to be happy for him and not seem disappointed. But of course, I was happy for him. They'd been together for about 3 years and are getting married early next year. [New game plan: Lose weight & look hot for his wedding--hot guys have hot friends, right?]. So we chatted for a lil while longer til he had to take off. What a pleasant visit from an old friend!

Blessing #3: While walking out of the gym, one of the firemen had his walkie talkie in hand walking out as well...you know what that means, when one's walking out to the fire truck, they'll ALL be walking out soon. And yes they were! It was like standing in the middle of a "HOT MAN" parade!! So we're walking past the fire truck and there they are changing. There was a park bench right in front of the fire truck. Quite a temptation to just go sit and watch them change....WOW--THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!!

I love being blessed for going to the gym.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...