Saturday, September 13, 2008

I want that...

Today I attended the funeral of a dear family friend, Bro. John Brantly. Even as I type this, tears flood my eyes. His dear companion, Sis. Faye Brantly passed away a lil over 3 months ago. I will miss them both tremendously. They were very dear to my family and I. I have truly missed the opportunities of being able to sit next to Sis. Brantly in Relief Society. She was as sweet and as kind as they come. She was once my Primary teacher and never let me forget of how good of a student I was for her. She had a way of making me feel just as beautiful as her daughters and granddaughters, each and everytime I seen her. Outside of my family. I have never seen a man love a woman as much as Bro. Brantly loved Sis. Brantly. He ALWAYS walked her to and from class. When they would leave from church, he would walk her to the curb and then proceed on to get the car to come pick her up at the curb. I have never seen them apart, for longer than necessary. If ever they were, it was because Bro. Brantly was on his way to come pick her up from Relief Society. The few times I've seen her alone, was also for the same reason...she was waiting for Bro. Brantly. They always held hands.
Today, just like 3 months ago, I caught a glimpse into their storybook romance. They were truly in love with each other. He treated her with more love, respect and admiration than even a Queen. All day I kept thinking to myself, "I want that..." I want to find a man who will love and respect me as much as Bro. Brantly did Sis. Brantly. Someone who will treat me with such tenderness and kindess. The way they loved each other was extraordinarily special and beautiful.

I want that....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...