Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Or maybe I just need a boyfriend?

Work was quite overwhelming today. I felt like I was moving as fast as a glacier and the work was piling up with each millisecond. During the course of the morning, I overheard one of my co-workers on a phone call to his wife. He was having a very trying morning and needed to unload his mind. I thought to myself, “How nice is that to have someone you can go to and find peace and be consoled!” It makes me think of a quote from “Shall We Dance?”, “There's a billion people on the planet, I mean what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything...the good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things...all of it, all the time, every day. You're saying... Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed, because I will be your witness
It’s not often that I wish I were married or in a relationship these days, but golly, I did today. I wish I had that one special person who knows me in and out and lets me unload my frustrations.
I guess it’s more than just that. I miss having the companionship of a man. Just not being alone, ya know. I’m not trying to put myself on the market or writing up a ‘Want ad’ for a boyfriend… Take for instance, I want to go out to dinner to CPK (Yum-PIZZA!) and to the movies. I’d ask my best friend, but she’s saving every last penny towards a condo and I can’t stand her infinite amount of questions throughout movies. I’d ask other friends, but I don’t want to compromise what I want to do. Also, next May 'Madama Butterfly' [the opera] will be coming to town. I'm so excited for it! I definitely want to go. I'm pretty sure none of my friends will want to go. Oh well, I guess I’ll just start going on “
Artist's Dates” :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...