Sunday, October 26, 2008

God be with you til we meet again...

During the past two days, I've learned a lot about my Tongan heritage. I'm proud to have such a strong cultural background. I also learned so much more about my dear Uncle Walter. I will miss him so much on Sundays. My favorite part during his two day funeral, was singing in Tongan. I lovelovelove singing in Tongan. Twice we sang my favorite Tongan song , Na'e 'Afio'i pe 'e Sisu, which reminded me of my dear Aunty Moana who has also since passed. So many wonderful memories of Tongan family members have come to mind. It was so nice to reunite and meet so many friends and relatives.
Even though I know the Gospel plan of Jesus Christ, my eyes are still swollen and puffy. I don't really have any more Tongan Uncles on my father's side (at least those that I knew growing up). It makes me sad. I just feel like Tongan family get-togethers won't be the same anymore. A couple months ago, I found some photos from my 1st birthday party. My Uncle Walter was in the photos and have been in every family party photos since then. Life will be different. Today, I held my Father closer than ever before. I love this Gospel. Families can be together forever.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...