Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Front Row Seats.

Lately, I've been thinking of how blessed I am to have the greatest nephews & niece! I really truly am lucky. I love hangin' out with them and I'm grateful that they see me as an "older sister" than an "aunt". My relationship with my aunts are okay, nothing great or grand but I definitely refer to them as "Auntie K_____" or "Auntie L______". I wouldn't dream of just calling them by their first names. Then again, I am closer in age to my nephews than my aunts who are old enough to be my grandparents.
Anywhoo....I've been thinking lately of how blessed I am to have a front row seat to their lives. I mean, they're so awesome and amazing. I get to be a witness to all of that! I love it!
Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever have my own children someday. I mean, I would LOVE to, of course. But if it doesn't happen for some reason, I feel like I've already been blessed. I remember each of them when they were born. I remember their milestones. I remember holding them, their sweet baby aromas, singing to them and sometimes rocking them to sleep. I just can't believe how fast they're growing up. I wish they could just stay so little. My oldest nephew is currently in Fiji on an LDS mission. My 2nd nephew is now 6'3" and such a man, my 3rd nephew is so musically talented that I love hearing him play the guitar and my dear sweet niece is blossoming into a beautiful young girl. Just yesterday she was wondering why I wear make-up because "you're already beautiful" is what she told me.
So if I never have children in this lifetime, I'd be okay with that. I feel like I've already had heaven's choicest angels bless my life. My cup runneth over... ♥
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...