Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For Love....

Why I shaved my head tonight:
(from a previous blog post:)
"A couple months ago, my Bishop's wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I don't know her too well, but I've known her as a Young Women's leader when I was a teenager and more recently as the Stake Choir director. We've been doing lil things in the ward to show our love and compassion for her. Next Sunday, the women of the ward were going to wear scarves on their heads. Very thoughtful.
For the last several weeks, I've been thinking of shaving my head because I knew in due time she would be losing her hair. Her friends gave her a 'Hats Off' party in which they gave her hats and scarves, right before she cut her hair.
I know I don't know her personally, but I hope by my shaving my head, she would know of the love and support I have for her and her battle against Breast Cancer. Not just for her, but also for another friend's wife and all women (and men) who are currently in this battle for their lives. My heart goes out to them...."
♥♥♥♥♥
Tonight, a group of friends from the ward got together to shave our heads:
150861_453826921646_680381646_5898470_6675084_n
I'm really grateful for this group of friends who were so willing to show their support by shaving their heads along with me. I hope our dear friend, Sister L. will know that we all love her dearly. She means a lot to us.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...