Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just the Sunday I needed!

Today was a pretty splendid day!  I was able to attend church with one of my favorite people. He always makes any situation a thousand times better. I LOVE just talking with him, he’s so intellectually stimulating. I was SO HAPPY at church! I haven’t felt that way since I was attending my YSA ward. I felt real again! I wasn't just going through the motions of church. I actually laughed in church--more than a nice little “church chuckle” to be courteous.  I had a comfortable friend by my side, again. I couldn’t have been more grateful. I just couldn’t go through another Sunday like last week. Today was a million times better!!     God knows how thankful I am for Mr. Red!  I hope to be a better friend to others because of his selfless and giving heart. 
I was blessed to spend time with my sister and the kids. I miss having noise in the house. I miss hearing their voices and all their musical noises. I miss hugging them every time I’d see them around the house. I also got to take a nap on our old comfy couch. I forgot how much I loved that couch. It felt like home again. I’ve tried not to think much about my old house and how much I’ve missed it. In all honesty, I’ve tried to forget it because it hurts too much to think about it. I nodded off while my nephew Sim was saving the world through some Xbox game. When I woke up, I felt like I was back in my old childhood home again. I felt that comfort of home and family once more.
Since Mr. Red picked me up for church and dropped me off at my sister’s, I had my nephew Sim take me home. On the way, we picked up his youngest brother, “Kalanster" [sidenote: on the radio, I heard Christina Perri’s song, A Thousand Years--LOVE this song!! It's my new favorite song!!] I was telling them both about a new and VERY delicious taco stand that was way better than our usual taco shop that we go to. We just happened to be driving down the very street that the taco stand was on, and I asked that we stop. I’m so glad we did and even more excited that they both enjoyed it a lot! But more than that, I had a blast just spending time with them. I seriously think I’m beyond blessed with the AWESOME nephews and niece that I have. The boys were making me laugh soooooooooooooooo much!!! As we walked up, I told Sim to place our order. I don’t know why he did it, but he started to order in Spanish. I was going to dare him to do it, but he totally did it anyways. Which was hilarious to hear anyways!! Oh man, TOO DANG FUNNY!!! And Kalanster, he’s just a funny kid anyways!! It was so hard to eat and laugh at the same time!! Makes me wish Bubba was around. Seriously, I don’t know how I lucked out to be so spoiled with such great nephews!! 
Today was just the type of day that I needed!  I couldn’t be anymore grateful to a loving Heavenly Father that knows exactly what we need and blesses us accordingly. Was today a "tender mercy" type of day? Indeed, it was!  My heart is so full and my cup runneth over.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...