Saturday, January 21, 2012

Unexpected Visit!





















I received an unexpected visit from my dear friend, "Dixie"*.  I met him about 5 years ago when he returned from his mission.  He seemed like a quiet, chill and funny guy and he's still the same way.  I love him dearly and miss him, since he lives out of state.  He's just one of those guys that seem more like a cousin than just a 'guy-friend'.  I guess it helps that we've never had any awkward sexual tensions because one of us liked the other.  We're just kosher.  :) 


We went to eat at Tacos el Gordo (TJ style tacos) and then hit up the beach, walked the Imperial Beach pier and ate ice cream--in 45deg. weather.  It was delightful!  It's always nice to hang with Dixie, because it feels like our friendship picks up right exactly where we last left it.  I'm so grateful to have him in my life and call him my friend.



*As for his nickname, that's what I actually call him in real life. Whenever he use to call me on my house phone, the caller ID popped up as "Dixie F_________", which was is his grandmother's name.  It just stuck and we can't help but chuckle whenever I use it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...