Tuesday, August 1, 2017

3 Sleeps.

In 2 days, we'll be going to the San Diego LDS temple to be sealed. TWO DAYS!! My mind is constantly thinking of what we need to accomplish within the next two days. Sometimes I have to take a step back to remember what's most important. I don't feel stressed (yet?) because my awesome sister and best friend have been so tremendously helpful with planning and executing our dinner party. 
I'm looking forward to the temple and feeling the spiritual peace and safe shelter from the busyness and craziness of this world. I long to be there again with my sweetheart, to take it all in again. I feel like life slows down a bit there and I seriously crave that. 
I don't know if I'd say that I'm nervous for our sealing. Most new experiences would make me extremely nervous but for now, I feel relatively calm. Perhaps I will feel a tinge of sadness because my parents won't be in attendance. I wish with all my heart that they could attend but traveling would take a lot out of them. I owe so much to my parents and for all that they've taught me about the temple. Their love and dedication to temple service was engrained in me while I was a child and through my teenage years. 
Most of all, I owe it to my sweetheart. Embracing this gospel and being baptized into this Mormon religion & culture has been a tremendous adventure. I appreciate his faith and diligence to help give me eternity with him. I can't think of any better way to celebrate our wedding anniversary than to be sealed for time and all eternity, surrounded by our closest and dearest loved ones. 
I just can't believe it, I'm actually going to be sealed in the temple! I thought for sure this blessing wouldn't come until I had passed on. Thank you Levi for loving me so much to do this for us and our future family. I love you sweetheart.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...