Wednesday, August 23, 2017

August in Rewind: Wednesday, August 2

{I'd like to just take a moment to rewind back to the beginning of the month, when life was just a bit different and I want to record my thoughts & feelings from those days.}

Wednesday, August 2:
I took today off, as did Levi.  Things on today's to do list:
-Pick up the cake from work [Thank you Krissa!]
-Pick up Baby's Breath {Thankful I placed an order for 2 bunches!}
-Make it down to my sister's to receive tables & chairs!

Other than that, we'll have to pick up the table clothes from Lei and later tonight, I'll need to cut the butterfly confetti for the tables & bake cookies...oh yeah and dye my hair as I've been wanting to do for the last several days!  Ugh... I can't have grey hairs on my special day!  "Why butterflies?" you may ask?  Butterflies have a special meaning to Levi, which always makes him think of his Mom who loved butterflies.



It's been miserably hot and exceptionally sticky & humid.  UGH, the humidity!!! Our AC has been running 24/7!  Levi's been gaming quite a bit and I'm glad he's home today to help me buy the last minute stuff I need from Hobby Lobby & WalMart, for cookies & decorations.

I stopped by work to pick up the naked German Chocolate Cake from Krissa.  Whoa....it looks pretty naked & way different than the typical frosted cake.  Knowing her stuff, I know this is going to be good!

Levi, in his infinite patience, is driving us around town this afternoon.  We found the flower place and I just want to buy all the flowers here!  I loved walking out of the flower shop with my 2 bunches of Baby's Breath.  There's something so pretty about its simplicity.  I think they're going to look so pretty in the mason jars!  I cannot wait!

We pulled up to my sister's and there's my nephew Slim, grilling chicken on an electric grill.  My niece, Novee is bumbling around behind him talking about his Google Cardboard (or something similar to that)  I walk in and hang the white table clothes on the door frame.  Man, they were heavy and oh so white!  AHHH!!!! I just can't believe it....we're getting closer to our party!! Wow we have a lot of stuff to bring into my sister's place for tomorrow.


Can I just say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE having family dinners outside.  There is just something so wonderful and beautiful about having the sky as your ceiling to your family dinner. I love it so much.  Oh how I wish I could have my middle 2 nephews join us for this family dinner. It was such a delightful evening and for some reason I was in a very good mood.  Levi was teasing me by saying I was being "Jokey!"  Oh too funny.  It was like rapid fire with the jokes.  I was in the best mood.  Less than 24 hours to our anniversary/sealing party! I just couldn't wait!


I'm thankful for my niece who was so nice to help me out with making sure the tables would be all set and decorated by the time we return from the temple.

Twinkle lights! Does it get any better than this, on a Summer evening?!  I wanted to spend more time with my nephew & his wife since I knew that I wouldn't get to interact with them much the next day and then soon enough we'd be off on our second honeymoon.


I baked 16 dozen cookies tonight!  I finished somewhere around 3am (on Thursday 8/3) Levi stayed up as late as he could to do "quality control" as he promised.  I made 8 dozen chocolate toffee cookies & white chocolate, mac & coconut cookies for our party. I just wanted to make something by my own hand for our family and friends.  I just felt like homemade cookies would be a special touch from me.  Man.....there were a lot of cookies! Oh my weakness for fresh homemade cookies!

I was able to dye my hair and the dang gloves tore and the web between my index & thumb were dark red! AHHH!!!!  Thank goodness for a pumice stone....

Anyways, I better get to sleep!  No need for bags under my eyes!  ONE MORE SLEEP til the big day!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...