Thursday, August 24, 2017

August in Rewind: Thursday, August 3. (pre-temple)

Thursday, August 3 (pre-temple)

Today's our 3 year wedding anniversary!!! I woke up around 9 and Levi was still asleep.  I love watching him sleep because he looks so peaceful.  It was still early enough and my Dad wouldn't be at dialysis just yet.  I called over to my parents and spoke with both of them. I wanted to call and thank them for their example of loving and serving in the temple.  It was a good phone call.  We were all emotional.  My Dad, like clockwork, asked about Levi.  He always asks about Levi and how he's doing with work.  I told him that Levi was asleep in bed.  My Dad was speaking so slowly but I'm glad to hear that he was eating quite a bit today, from Mom.  I just felt like I needed to talk to my parents this morning because this was a big event that was taking place in my life and I wanted them to to feel like a part of the day.  I wish they could be there in the temple with us that day but I know deep in my heart that they already know how all of this works.  I owe a lot to my parents in helping me get to the temple, each time I've gone for something important in my life.


I just wanted the world to know how much I love and adore this sweetheart of mine.
He finally woke up and we went to grab breakfast.  We went to McDonald's for 2 deluxe breakfasts. As soon as that was done, I went to get my toenails done.  If there was anything I was going to do, it was to get my toes done! I needed "vacation toenails"! I love me some French tip toenails!

Man, it is extremely humid today!!! Like it's just so friggin' hot and humid!! Sweat on top of sweat on top of sweat!  My phone's going off like crazy with texts and Fb & Instagram notifications. I got to talk to my best friend, MamaStephy.  Man, I love her and I can't wait to wear the special Lularoe dress she sent me! Oh how I wish she could be here!

I'm off to do my nails. Hopefully this doesn't take long!  Thankfully, I have everything set in my temple bag for us. I have my brand new temple dress (OH SO PRETTY!!!) and our temple recommends in the zipper! We're set!

*Dang nail salon took a while.  UGH, I guess that's what I get for not getting a pedicure more often! :(  Wow...time is flying so quickly!!!! I need to do my nails!!!

I took a shower and after I turned it off, it's still so hot and sticky!!! WHY!?! Why did we ever get married in August?! The HOTTEST month of Summer!!! GAH! YUCK!!!

I'm trying to do my make up and I am HOTTER THAN HOT!!! I just can't stop sweating!!! WHY IS IT SO HOT!!!!! :(  :( :(  It's closing in on 2:30p and we should have left for the temple already.  Let me double check my bag for our temple recommends.

WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE OUR RECOMMENDS?!?!?!? I KNOW I PUT THEM ALL IN MY TEMPLE BAG AND I CANNOT FIND THEM!!! WHAT THE F?!??!  Are you friggin' kidding me?!?1?!?!?  I'm tearing everything apart!! My purse! NOPE.  Our dresser. NOPE!!  10 minutes later, after my blood pressure went thru the room, Levi walked in from the truck holding them.  Oh yeah.....I forgot I put them in the glove compartment after his endowment.  WHAT THE HECK?!?!?  Seriously!! I DID NOT need this today!!! WHY DID I DO THAT??!? AAARGGGGGUGH!!!!!!

My finger nails aren't painted.  Oh how I wish I would have gotten that dang manicure!!! But I didn't have time!  I just need a good 5 minutes and I can get it done!  Levi is trying to convince me that we need to get in the truck because we need to leave and get gas on the way.  I am now painting my nails as we drive! YES, AS WE DRIVE I AM PAINTING MY NAILS!!! How did I spread myself so thin to not do my finger nails!!! UGH!!!  I am attempting to paint my nails as he drives... I've NEVER done this before and it is nearly impossible to do.  I'm getting it on the skin around my nails and I am crying.  Seriously, I'm crying because I wanted my hands to look pretty today.  Plus, I just needed 5 minutes of stillness to get this done.  I'm stressing hardcore as we're connecting onto the 52 West, Levi's trying to console me and I just want him to pull off the rode for 5 whole minutes.  THANK GOODNESS for quick dry polish, but it's too late....it's on the sides of my skin and with the max AC, the nail polish is clumping on my nails because it's drying faster than I can apply it.  I'm so mad.  I'm mad at Levi because he rushed me. I'm mad that I didn't give myself more time. I'm mad that I didn't do this before falling asleep at 4am this morning. I'm mad I didn't just do my pedicure on Monday when I went to get my eyebrows waxed. I'm mad that the time we took look for our recommends, I could have been painting my nails!!! I'm just so mad!!

My nephew's now beaten us to the temple and we still had about 10 minutes before we'd reach there!! UGH....my poor nails look terrible and I'm trying to be ok with all of this and calm...most of all CALM for my Levi.  How did time fly by so quickly?! YAY! We're closing in on 5 North!  We're almost there!!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...