Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last week.

MONDAY:
My friend PajamaPants and I went to Balboa Park's organ pavillion to watch a silent film, "The Cameraman". Oh man, it was a trippy experience!! It was really neat to be watching a film outside, underneath the stars. And then for it to be a silent film was a real treat! Below you'll notice an organ. The organist played the entire 77 minutes of the film!! I couldn't believe it!! It was truly fantastic!!
DSC02065


TUESDAY:
The last Knox softball game for the season :( Some really great times were had!! I'll miss that softball field--it was right on the bay. So pretty!! I'll miss hangin' out with my coworkers out of work and Mr. NY trying to teach me how to get there. So many fun moments!

FRIDAY:
YSA luau! Good food...great friends...Fun times!!

SATURDAY:
Went to the Temple and had a FANTASTIC time!! Learned a lot of new things & can't wait to learn some more new things next week. Hung out with a new friend at the temple, who'll soon be leaving in a month once she has her baby. She's so funny and I loved watching her with her husband. They make a wonderful couple. I hope to find a man as sincere and caring as he. Also got to hang out with Berkeley (He's in the left Friday photo above.) and LOVED IT!! He makes me laugh and I'll miss him when he moves to Utah in a month.

TODAY:
Today was my last Sunday in my YSA ward. Luckily, I was able to see my friend Jane who came to SD for a visit. I'm really going to miss my YSA ward. Terrific people, but I know it's time to try something new. I also attended a baptism of a friend's husband. I'm really stoked for this new change in their lives and can't wait til they become an eternal family in a year.
Tonight was the first practice of stake choir. I was invited to sing with them again. I'm so ecstatic!! I'm truly humbled and happy to be apart of the choir. However, I will miss having my nephew there with me, like last time. Last stake conference we sang, "Called to Serve" which was dedicated to Simi since he received his mission call right before a choir practice. Tonight we sang it since we'll be singing it at conference again. The floodgates opened up....it made me miss Simi oh so much. On the way home from church, he and I would always sing the two pieces from choir. So singing "Called to Serve" made me miss him more than ever. Note to self: DO NOT WEAR MASCARA TO THE NEXT STAKE CONFERENCE!!

All in all, I've gotta say it was a great week and I can't wait for all the new and exciting experiences that await me this week!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...