Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 FOR 2 TUESDAY!!!

Today has got to be the best day ever!!
Okay, maybe not the BEST day EVER, but amongst my top 3!!
I drove to work today so I could pick up my brother from the airport, after work. He ended up missing his plane in Hawaii so I wouldn't need to. I decided to stay afterwards anyways so I could clear the clutter from my desk. You know who else also stays that late...Mr.NY. I asked him if he needed a ride home, he said, "No, I don't need a ride home (which totally made my heart sink!) but if you feel inclined to give me one, I won't turn it down" [HECK YES I FELT INCLINED!!!]. Man, I was a lil nervous but stoked to have one on one time with him. When we left he put on his baseball cap and MAN! he looked HOTTER than HOT!! I love a man in a baseball cap!! And then when they add sunglasses....OH DOCTOR!! It was cute the way he'd also turn around to check the lane I was merging into. He had us take the "scenic route so we could look at the sun setting". I felt stiff as I was driving and I was trying desperately to look relaxed, but I don't know....I was a lil nervous!! He was even courteous enough to ask if he could have an open drink in the car. Who even does that?? After I dropped him off, he asked me if I'd be okay finding my way to the freeway. If I wouldn't be, he said I could call him and he'd help me out and even if I was still lost he'd Google Map me a way home. MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS!! He's so freakin' nice and GORGEOUS!! I love work!
AND.....
Tonight I received an email inviting me to sing with my Stake choir. I'm so tremendously elated!! You have no idea!! I have always wanted to sing with my Stake choir since I was a child. My Mom sang with them for a couple years as an Alto. I was so proud of my Mom that she was talented enough to sing with them. There have been some wonderful singers in the Stake choir, so I knew that you had to have a GREAT set of pipes.
Growing up, I disliked the fact that there were hardly any members from my family ward in the Stake choir. It seemed like a particular ward made up the majority of the choir and I didn't think that was very fair. After singing with my own YSA ward choir, I started to notice that all of them but me sang with the Stake choir. I started to resent the Stake choir and Stake Conferences, as well as my own ward choir. So I stopped attending choir. But then I started to miss singing. I have always loved to sing! Going to church just to sing the hymns pulled me out of inactivity, once upon a time. I figured that even though I wasn't good enough to sing with the Stake choir, that wouldn't stop me from singing. It's finally paid off. I've finally been invited to sing with Chula Vista Stake choir and I couldn't be any happier!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...