Monday, October 12, 2009

My bad/good/bad week.

Bad:  Last Thursday, my other car was towed from in front of my house.  My other car is my old Kia that died laaaaaaaaaast August (2008).  I didn't renew the registration this past January, so it was towed because it just sat there.  Dead.  When I got home that evening, after 5pm, I called the San Diego parking authority that left a lovely little ticket ($25) for me to pay.  The automated voicemail said that their hours were Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5pm.  Wow, lucky me that it was now 6pm on a Thursday night.   

Good: My friend, Berkeley, from the temple didn't move to Utah (this week) like he was suppose to...so he was at the temple for one more week.  Hopefully, another week this Saturday as well?  We'll see.  That made me so tremendously happy!!  I love hanging with Berkeley, he makes the shift so much more fun.  We talk & laugh...he has a great personality! He's such a breath of fresh air [compared to the other YSA guys on the shift].  
Then Saturday night, my missionary nephew got to call home from LAX (LA airport) on his way to Fiji.  His family also drove over to see him and spend sometime with him and the 3 other elders from him MTC district.  He sounded so good!!  I was ecstatic!  He later emailed us on Sunday night to inform us that he made it to Fiji and that the mission home was located on temple grounds.  He's so immensely happy to be there and was hoping to start tracting that very night!!  Oh man, this kid is AWESOME and will be a FANTASTIC missionary!!
Last night, a friend put on a musical fireside and my good friend PajamaPants sang a couple pieces.  My goodness, I was speechless.  I attended the fireside for the sole purpose of hearing PajamaPants. I love to hear him sing! He could sing the dictionary and I'd still be very content. He has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.  It's like a cross between Aaron Neville & Luther Vandross--but BETTER!  I told him that for Christmas, I wanted him to sing me a song of my choosing.  Thank goodness I've got a good 2 months to find a song.  Oh man, it brings tears to my eyes whenever he sings.  BEAUTIFUL I tell ya, so beautiful.  Plus last night, watching him sing brought back a lot of mission memories.   It was a great weekend!

Bad: If you've ever been fortunate enough to deal with a towing company, they charge 'holding fees' every day your car is in their yard.  Today I was finally able to get through to the SDPA and they informed me of where my car was.  I could pick up the car with a current DMV registration ($350+), current insurance (another headache since I cancelled the insurance when I got my new car and the Kia was non-operative anyways) and a tow truck to tow it off the yard ($140)--OR....sign over the car's title to the towing company & pay $327 for towing & holding fees.  I paid the fees and walked off the yard with a garbage bag full of stuff from my ol' "Foxy Roxy".  So many memories with that car... Dang it, another expensive lesson in Procrastination.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...