Friday, October 23, 2009

A Le$$on in Procra$tination

I remember when I was living away for school and once calling up my bank account to hear that I had only 52 cents in the bank. I thought those days were over after I finished school and moved home.

Somehow history is repeating itself this month.

I'm learning a VERY EXPENSIVE lesson on 'Procrastination' right now. It sucks. Don't do it. It'll cost you--A LOT. I'd really like this month to end SUPER SOON. Like tomorrow, please.

"Bad things come in 3" couldn't be any more of a reality for me right now.

Example 1: Not making payments on student loans will result in lenders becoming irate and wanting ALL of their money up front. Not good, when you don't have $K amount in the bank. Thus forcing you to take out another loan to pay off the first loan.

Example 2: When your first car dies, you can't just let it sit in front of your house, forever. Why? Because the registration tag will expire and if a cop notices it, they will tow it for you--at your expense. But it's not just the towing that costs, it's the "storage fee" that gets you as well. So sometimes you have two options of taking care of that.... Option A: Pay the 9 month expired tags, reinstate the insurance on the car and then pay for the towing back to your house. Or...Option B: Sign over the 'Pink slips' to the towing company and pay for the towing & storage fees. Yep, you guessed it, Option B at a total of $327 was the cheaper and wiser choice.

Example 3: Now that you've got a second car, you need to make sure you receive the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) letter that informs you of an upcoming tag renewal. When you do receive that letter, it would be of great worth to actually take care of it immediately. When you don't, the DMV tends to get mad and charge you an additional $150 for late fees. And sometimes, it gets worse.... let's say you drive that car to work and park it on the city street. Did you know 'Meter Maids' are allowed to ticket you $25 for not displaying a current registration? Yep, it's true. And if you still don't do anything about it a couple days later, they can ticket you AGAIN. Sad, but very true. So that lesson example can cost you a total of $310.

Can I just say that right now, I feel very much like the flower on the right.......I think I've FINALLY learned my lesson on Procrastionation.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...