Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nephews.

Today, my nephew Elder L has been out on his mission for exactly a year!! A YEAR!!! With one more year to go. I'm so proud of him. I miss him terribly!! I remember crying so much last year when he left because it felt like I was losing a younger brother and son (we're close in age and I remember all of his milestones since birth). I know that he brings an amazing spirit to Fiji. He's outgoing, talkative, highly energetic and friendly. He's warm, funny and can be very nurturing. I can't wait to see him in year when he comes home as a man, when it was only yesterday that he left as a boy.
*************************
Tomorrow is my nephew Bubba's birthday. He'll be the big 18! He's really grown in this last year, both physically and emotionally/mentally. He's always had a soft spot in my heart since the day he was suppose to come home from the hospital. I remember the day we went to go pick him up from the hospital, but he wasn't released due to some (non serious) health complications. I remember my Mom and I crying and not fully understanding why this precious little baby boy couldn't come home with us. I was so bummed. I just wanted my lil baby nephew to come home to us and his 2 year old brother. After he was cleared, I remember feeling so joyful. Finally he was ours to hold and squeeze and cuddle with all we wanted. I remember his chest and how big and firm it was for a baby. He was always a big solid boy. A lot of times people would assume that he and his older brother were twins. Bubba's name, "Kealoha-pauole" translated from Hawaiian means, "Love never ending". He's certainly lived up to his name. It's hard to pinpoint the one thing I love most about Bubba. There's so many things I love about him. Maybe I'll do a list of the 18 things I love about him:


1. I'm glad he's 6'3....he can reach for all the stuff that I can't reach!! (which seems to be a lot these days).

2. He's naturally strong. Such a blessing because he can lift A LOT (ie: he can carry three 5 gallon water jugs with EASE!)

3. Whenever I fall asleep with my glasses on and can't find them in the morning, all I have to do is walk up to him, squinty eyed, and he searches for my glasses without being asked.

4. His patience/tolerance level is high. One can never tell if he's annoyed. It takes A LOT to bug him.

5. He's FUNNY!! I always can count on him for a good laugh. I love asking him to do his "Nacho Libre" impression!

6. As an artist who knows color palettes, I always turn to him if for a last minute fashion decision. He's really good at helping me choose my jewelry & shoes!

7. As his older brother is away, he's been a tremendous blessing to his Mom. If I have a son, someday, I hope he can be a wonderful son like Bubba!

8. He knows a lot of about music, from MANY different genres. We always like to quiz each other on bands and songs.

9. Speaking of music, for the last couple of months he's been teaching himself the piano. He's getting really good at it. I think that he may even become better than me!

10. He's really good at all the sports I've watched him play. I think he's a natural and confident competitor. Sometimes his confidence turns into cockiness, but it's Mr. "Love Never Ending", so it's hard to stay mad at him! As for his competitive side, everything because a game or a race....like who can put their seatbelt on the fastest!

11. I always enjoy hangin' with Bub because we don't need to talk all the time to have a good time. Sometimes we can sit in silence and there's no awkwardness or need to speak.

12. He doesn't get mad at me when I suddenly covet his t-shirts...and never give it back. Speaking of which, I've been enjoying his new light blue V neck shirt :)

13. He's chill. He's not one for drama. He's cool, calm & collective.

14. He listens. Whenever I start to freak out about some feminine thing, he just sits back and listens. And he knows how to respond!

15. Even though I gave him the nickname "Bubba" years ago, he doesn't get mad anymore when I call him "Bubbie". Which I only do if I REALLY want him to do something for me.

16. He was such a cute little boy!! He had such stringy blonde hair. He had dimples which were high on his cheeks, right below his eyes. Such the cutest thing!!!

17. He never seems to stay mad at anyone or hold a grudge. He has a very forgiving heart.

18. He may be big, but he's a very gentle giant. Most people assume that "big guys" are mean and rough, but Bubba is a teddy bear. He's very kind and caring.

He's been such a tremendous blessing to our family. I could not even imagine our family without him. I'm so blessed to have him in my life and to be an eternal family with him. He makes me laugh and has a loving spirit. Thank you Heavenly Father for blessing us with Bubba ♥.


HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY KEALOHA-PAUOLE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...