Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Feeling vulnerable.

So I was talking to my good friend, Reed. She has amazing insight and it's fun to talk "girl talk" with her. I've come to the realization that I need to start curbing the sarcasm a bit when talking to guys. It can be funny, but too much sarcasm can come off as being 'bitter'. I'm not trying to be bitter, but it can most definitely be interpreted as such.

I use sarcasm sometimes to tell people how I feel. Most times I use it as a sense of humor. Other times I use it as a defense mechanism. Not so much a "defense" mode, but just as a way not to feel vulnerable. Who likes to feel vulnerable? Not me. But, sometimes being open and vulnerable can be a good thing--if you trust the other person. This is something that I've gotta work on, letting people in. Yes I'm guarded, because I don't want to get hurt. But I think I need to allow myself to loosen up and let the guard down a little. It just may be worth it, soon....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...