Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Quickie!

I'm at my cousin's house baking a cake to make my Aunt Moana's Trifle! So deliciously YUMMY!!! We're having a friend & his family over for dinner tonight. Preston served his mission in San Diego, several years ago. Fun fun!
Bubba (my nephew) and I went to the YSA FHE (Young single adult - Family home evening) last night. Heard a great lesson on Missionary Work which really made me reminisce about my mission. Gosh, I loved it!! I wish I could do it all over again. Tristan, who taught the lesson, referenced Elder Rasband's General Conference talk from April. I know I was sent to New Jersey for a reason. I'm grateful for it because I LOVE everyone I met from day 1 of my mission to the very end of it! I know that I wouldn't have had the same mission had I served in Tonga than in New Jersey. Heavenly Father knew that I needed New Jersey more. In an email I just sent my nephew, Elder L, I told him that he will forever think of his mission every day of his life! How very very true that is!!
Other than that, I'm really grateful to be back in the YSA ward (church congregation). Although a lot of my friends have moved and gotten married, I'm still grateful to meet new people. Especially some of the hot guys there!! :) I'm getting a lot more out of church and look forward to the activities. I've missed that feeling! Although, attending the YSA ward again really makes me miss Elder L. He's been on his mission for a year now. I miss him terribly!!! I can't wait for him to come home in ONE YEAR!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! But then I'll be sad again because Bubba will be leaving for his mission then :( Oh my poor heart can only handle so much!!!


Alrighty, well I better get home and get started on this DELICIOUS Trifle!!!

**p.s. After posting this--I just received a text message from my mission president. I texted him on Sunday for his birthday. P.Daw was the best! Like I said, an RM will always think of their mission....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...