Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Belated Birthday for Bub!


It's hard to believe that 21 years have flown by!! Where does the time go?!? 
My 2nd oldest nephew, Bub, turned 21 this past Monday.  I still remember the days following his birth.  Falling in love with him, once he could come home from the hospital.  I remember how big and broad his chest was, for a newborn.  I remember how delicious he smelled as a baby,  then the cute lil toddler he grew up to be.  He was cute, but MAN was he determined to do things his way!  Seems to me, he's never grown out of that.
He was always my pal, in our family.  He was the one who was chill and just all around funny to be with.  Our senses of humor were pretty similar, so it was always easy to crack jokes together....and also gang up on his oldest brother (sorry, Sim).  However, because we got along so well, we also knew what it took to push each others' buttons.  But by morning, things would be resolved after I'd blindly find him and ask him to find my glasses that went missing in the middle of the night.  After a while, he knew that if I was squinting and looking for him, he knew exactly what needed to be done.  Out of my 3 nephews, I trusted him with this task because I knew he wouldn't accidentally break my glasses or give up after 2 seconds.  Even now, I miss living under the same roof, when I wake up and can't find my glasses...like this past Saturday morning,

In fact, I miss living under the same roof with him.  I miss having someone to joke with, someone tall to get things above my head and just all around someone chill to just sit in silence with.  Heck, I think I just miss living in the same city as him.  I wish with all my heart I could turn back time, even to 3 years ago, when we'd spend our summer days going to Institute classes and doing "Minute to Win it" challenges while laughing our heads off!  Time flies and babies grow up...then they get married.  I'm glad he's found someone to love and that loves him in return.  I think I like this photo best, from his wedding, because he looks exactly how I always wish him to be; happy, joyful, in love and with the love of his life by his side.  I wish him every bit of happiness. Heaven knows he deserves that, and more!

Happy Birthday Bub, it's been a pleasure watching you grow up into the handsome, daring & comical young man that you've become.  I love you more than you'll ever know.♥


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...