Saturday, June 21, 2014

GROSSER THAN GROSS!

This morning, we decided that we'd want a Mexican breakfast.  I thought I'd be a lil adventurous and get a Mexican breakfast plate.  I had mentioned the Carne Asada Chilaquiles before so I thought I'd go with it.  The menu said, Carne Asada w/ rice & beans. Sounded soooo good!
When I opened my plate, there were two fried eggs staring back at me.  In the middle of that whiteness I could see a concentrated blob of yellow. My worst [breakfast] nightmare!
Luckily, Levi likes runny eggs so I could give it to him.  UNFORTUNATELY, the egg was a lot more delicate than I was expecting AND my fork wasn't the best tool to use to scoop it off my carne asada & chilaquiles.  It started to ooze out. 

I wanted to throw up.

In my head, I was screaming, "GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!!!!!!".... I don't think it was just in my head.  I think it was physically noticeable that I didn't want ANYTHING to do with this egg.  I just wanted it gone.  I didn't want any trace of it left on my plate, so Levi ended up with some carne & chilaquiles that had egg ooze on it.  Thank you for eating it, sweetheart.

For those who don't really know me, I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE HATE HATE runny eggs.  Everything about it is disgusting, awful, abhorrent and repugnant.  I loathe it with every fiber of my being.  I don't care if someone were to pay me 5 million dollars to eat one runny egg; I WOULD NOT.

I think it stems from one Saturday morning from my childhood.  My Mom made eggs for all of us.  I had a mug of hot cocoa and was told that I couldn't leave the table until I ate all my eggs and drank my cocoa.  Because I was a kid, I ate everything I liked and left the egg til the end.  I had no buffer between my taste buds and that stupid egg.   I had to eat the egg and drink my cocoa.   Worst combination in the world!!  I hated it. I think I cried because it was so disgusting to me.  To this day, I can't drink cocoa with my breakfast, most especially when there's an egg on my plate.

When I was a teenager, my brother offered to make me an egg sandwiches.  Growing up, I loved his egg sandwich.  One day, he offered to make me a sandwich as I was getting my hair done.  I was so stoked!!  He handed it to me, wrapped in a napkin like usual, and I took a big bite. Mmmm delicious!!  I was finish chewing and started to lift the sandwich to my mouth.  As I looked down at my sandwich, I noticed some yellow ooze on my thumb; he mixed up our sandwiches.  I had the runny egg sandwich.  I was grossed out.  I was done.  He apologized and tried to trade sandwiches, but the moment was over, I couldn't do it.  Who knows, the other sandwich could be tainted as well!?! Nope, no egg sandwich for me, that day.

 I just hate runny eggs.  Seriously, it's just the grossest thing on earth and I'd rather have nothing to do with it.  Even if I were offered 10 million dollars, I'd have to take 20 minutes to really think about it! Damn runny eggs! SICK!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...