Sunday, September 6, 2015

To which I am grateful for...

On our drive back home tonight, I was thinking of all the things I am grateful for.
After so many years of crushes, dates, sappy chick flicks, crying, impatience, praying & hoping, I am so truly grateful to have a good man by my side. He is everything I could have hoped to find in a good partner. I appreciate his patience. God knew I would need a man with an endless supply of love & patience. Levi makes my life more rich and exciting. I am so deeply blessed.
I am thankful that my relationship with my parents has improved, especially with my Mom. It's nice to be able to communicate well.
I'm blessed with a good sister (a.k.a. Ex Sister-in-Law) who loves and cares for my Dad. I'm thankful I can turn to her when it comes to my Dad's medical history and she's willing to assist in anyway possible. It's reassuring to know that I'm not alone in this experience.
Man, am I grateful for Buzz. When I met him and his wife Reed 11 years ago, I didn't know how deep they would be ingrained in my heart. They are two of the best people to come into the life of my family. In fact, they are family! They have done so much for me and every single person in my family. They are the salt of the earth. Tonight, when I called Buzz, who was out to dinner with his family & his brothers' families, he said that he & his brothers would rush right over to help give my Dad a Priesthood blessing. The way they came in and encircled my Dad with love and friendship was truly beautiful. They love my Dad and it was witnessed in the words of the blessing.
I am thankful for my Dad. I don't think I'll ever be able to adequately express how much he and my Mom have done for me.  But my Dad, he's taught me everything I know about service. He's an honest man. There's no BS with him, he's a straight shooter and you'll know exactly where you stand with him. He's definitely one of a kind. Sometimes I see a little bit more of him in me and that makes me all the more grateful.
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who has placed people in my life to buoy me up when the waves of life get to be too much. He has truly blessed me with a circle of angels. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...