Friday, June 18, 2010

Wow....Utah!

The Good:
I truly forgot how much I LIKE Utah. I forgot how 'GOOD' it feels here. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL today!!! I LOVE IT!! It's not hot at all!! It's A LOT cooler than San Diego, that is for dang sure!! I can't believe I'd actually rather be in Utah than California... Wow.
I also forgot how much of a 'boy buffet' it is here. Oh I love that so much!! Any public outting is always filled with eye candy :)
I went to lunch with one of my good ol' friends, Mary. It was so WONDERFUL spending time with her. It was great talking with her and it didn't feel like we hadn't seen each other for 2 years. We ate at Macaroni Grill and the food was TERRIFIC today!! I L♥VED IT!! Heck, even the Ceasar salad was amazing! I love the Chicken Scallopine there!! Good food, great company!


The Sad:
I missed seeing my Uncle Ned by about a day... He passed away a few days ago. It was somewhat expected, but I would have really loved the opportunity to see him before he passed. I'm grateful now for the chance I get to visit with my cousins. I am truly grateful I got to see him last August in San Diego while he was still up and about. He really did a lot for me while I lived in Utah, a few years back. As a poor college student, I never went hungry or felt homesick. I could always go to his home (& just walk right in!) and make myself at home. Even though I grew up in California and would visit his family every so often, I felt very much like a part of their family. I will miss him terribly, but I know for sure, that I will see him again. I know.


The Ugly:
I cannot and will not drive 10 hours again. It is extremely rigorous, more than I remember. I don't know if it's because of my Meniere's/Vertigo---but it really takes it outta me. Gosh, I don't want to say it, but....'maybe I'm not as young as I use to be'. I use to LOVE the 10 hours of open road to think and ponder about life. Last night/this morning, it was TERRIBLE!! NO THANKS!! Never again!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...