Friday, June 11, 2010

Single.

Before my mission, I taught Girls Achievement at church (8-11 year olds). I loved it and became close with the girls. Last night I received a Facebook event invite from one of my ol' girls.

A wedding invite.

Are you kiddin me?!? I can't believe one of my ol' girls is getting married! Or is even old enough to get married.

And then I started to become sad. Like 'cry myself to sleep'/"FML" sad. I started to dread being a single Mormon. I honestly hate the way SO MUCH emphasis is put on marriage and family...and how your life doesn't seem valid without both. I LOATHE being single--it's lonesome. I wish I had that partner to enjoy life with. It made me think of a quote from, "Shall We Dance":

”We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'."

I just feel like most of my friends are moving ahead in life....getting married....having kids....raising kids.... And my life, well it just seems mundane. I don't like that feeling. I wish I could move forward in the natural progression of life. Especially now that it's wedding season...ugh, it becomes increasingly hard to be single.
Oh well....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...