Friday, June 11, 2010

Unexpected.

In short... I was fired today.
I loved my job. I loved most of my co-workers and liked the rest. I was comfortable there. I got along PERFECTLY with my partner. It was really great. I think the only things I didn't like about it were the distance/parking & the foul language. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.
I kinda felt it coming. I think most people can feel when change comes. My supervisor pulled me in my office with another supervisor who was holding an envelope with my name on it and I knew it was coming. I tried to plead my case...but I could feel it going no where. So I thanked them for hiring me and the opportunity of working there. I think the embarrassing/relief part of it all is that Mr.NY pretty much had a front row seat for it. Although he couldn't hear what was going on, he could probably see it. They allowed me to clean out my desk and in the middle of it I asked if I could go talk to Mr.NY for a second. I pulled him out to the dark hallway (the electricity had gone out 20 minutes prior) and thanked him for being so nice and helpful since day one. He helped me the day I walked in for an interview...and I'm glad I was able to talk with him on my way out. He was quite compassionate which was very nice to come across after just gettin' fired. I'll forever wonder what it would have been like to kiss him. That would have been nice :) Oh well, I'm grateful for the friends I made there and the experience of everything I went though. Here's to a longer weekend now :)

Oh well... as Lorelei Gilmore once said:

"A setback is really just a set-up for future accomplishment!"

Yes, yes it will be......
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...