Friday, September 20, 2013

Sept 2013, Week 3.

Week in review....

*My niece Novee had a choir concert on Monday.  Oh man, I was so stoked for her.  I think her lil 7th grate girls choir did pretty well for their first performance.  There were 4 choirs, and 3 of them sang Disney songs.  I will admit that since our engagement, I get chocked up whenever I hear Disney songs.  It brings me back to that most perfect June 2 weekend. 

*My cousin (actually, my cousin's son who's my age) came from Australia with his lady love.  I haven't seen my cousin Timothy since for about 26 years.   

Then...

Now...

I couldn't have been more grateful for Facebook, in which it's brought me closer to far away cousins...and even cousins I've yet to meet in real life.  We had a great time at Filippi's Pizza, since he wanted to try the pizza place I always visit and rave about.  His girlfriend was sweet and way funny.  It was a very enjoyable evening!  

*My very dear sweet adopted Mom came into town a day after my birthday, and we were finally able to meet up on Wednesday.  

I'm so truly grateful for this woman! For my birthday, she gave me a cute apron (which I love because it makes me think of her, while in the kitchen) and a box full of FHE ideas for my future family!  Mama McK is so superb and phenomenal!! I love her dearly.  We enjoyed a nice dinner at Phil's BBQ, but then talked out front on their uncomfortable benches for a while.  She gave me some great motherly advice and wisdom.  She fills my heart and life with such love and I hope that I can be a Mom like her, someday.  As much as I love her, thoughts of my own Mom came to mind Wednesday night.  I've been so blessed with such great mother figures in my life!

*Thursday & Friday.... work and work and work.... although, today my nephew Kalanster spent the day in the office with my sister and I.  Dude, I so love this kid!! He is hilarious as hell!  I just crack up the whole time... but man, it makes me miss his brothers.  I miss having all those boys under one roof, but I'm grateful for the time I get to spend with my youngest nephew and my niece.  They're growing up so quickly.

*As for this weekend.... Levi's moving (a couple miles away from his current address).  I'm way excited for him!  Aaaaaand that's about it.  That's life in this 3rd week of September.  







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...