Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Random 7-11 Meeting!

Today, Levi and I went to 7-11 to grab some Slurpees.  As I was waiting for Levi to finish up getting his drink, a guy across the island said to me, "Hey, I think I know you.  Are you Tongan?"  I was alarmed & confused.  I mean, that was a REALLY good guess, because A LOT of people have never heard of Tonga/Tongan, or just assume I'm Hawaiian and Samoan.  So this guy was convinced that he knew me, and he asked me my last name, and he said that he knew my brother from the mission.  I asked if he went to Ohio or Honduras, and he said, no, that hey knew my brother from the missionary training center back in the early 90's.  It was so random.  He said that I looked really familiar, so I figured he must have meant my older brother since I've always thought we looked most alike. 

Seriously, I was pretty tripped out.  It was so random and the fact that he guess Tongan, really impressed me.  Sometimes, I feel so foreign and out of place when people have never heard of Tonga.  Anyways, back to that Slurpee, Blue Raspberry wasn't such a bad idea.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...