Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Sabbath!

What a beautiful Sunday it's been!
I thought my name was going to be read into my new family ward, so I invited Levi to come with.  Luckily they didn't because I was so nervous.  It oh so wonderful having him there with me.  I cherish any and every moment I can be with him, so it was even more special to have him with me at church.  I'm still getting used to my new family ward.  Last Sunday was my first Sunday there, since being married.  Levi and I went once last Fall and it was so nice to see an old friend from Chula Vista Institute.  When I attended last Sunday, I met so many sisters.  I'm so grateful for those sisters who were kind enough to step out of their comfort zones and introduce themselves to me. 
Sunday School was so refreshingly nice to attend.  It's been a while since I've attended the Gospel Doctrine class.  This week's class was on Hosea.  Can't say I was familiar with that Bible story, but there were really good things to think about, such as how we can be a good spouse. For once, that question finally applies to me! 
Relief Society was so beautiful.  The ward organist taught the lesson for the day (perhaps she's actually an RS teacher, I don't know... I'm still figuring everyone out).  Small world, her daughter also served her mission in New Jersey and was trained by Sister B, who I trained!  In a mission sense, she's my "granddaughter"! :)  I had to introduce myself again.  Ugh... I get so shy & nervous at the same time.  I made them laugh when I said that I finally "graduated" from the Pacific Beach Singles Ward.  The lesson was on, "The Song of the Heart".  It was sweet presentation of the lesson.  Sister E had three sisters present their favorite hymns and why it was their favorite.  Then we sang the hymns, it was so tender. I love hearing the sisters sing, especially since they sing in parts (alto & soprano).  After class, as I was walking down the hall to leave, a very sweet sister named Amy introduced herself to me.  If I had to guess, I would think that she has Cerebral Palsy, by the way she walked.  I slowed my pace a little and we chatted.  At one point, she fell on my shoulder.  It startled me a bit because I thought, "Oh cool, she wanted to give me a hug?  Or did she just fall?", to which it was the latter.  She told me that she sometimes loses her balance. I told her that sometimes I get vertigo, so I could understand the feeling.  She said that sometimes she walks faster than her legs could keep up,  I told her I was actually a fan of walking slower anyways.  She was sweet, I wished her a good week and we parted ways.  I hope we get to become friends. 
I'm so thankful that my new ward is less than a mile away.  Last week, I left 3 minutes til and made it in time!  I was so thankful because I didn't want to show up late and have to walk in late.  I think I would have left.  I'm glad everything was in my favor.  I try not to think of all my old friends I've left in my Singles ward or my ol' family ward, but this is where I need to be now, in this season of my life.  I need to think of the good that's on the horizon and the friends I've yet to make. 
When I returned home, my heart and tear ducts were ready to burst for the gratitude I have for my husband.  The Sunday school lesson really hit home for me.  I hope to never be thankful for all he does for me, but most especially thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who knew what type of partner I would want and need and blessed me with my sweetheart. 
Today has been a very good Sunday.  If you haven't watched the General Women's Meeting, I highly suggest it.  It was all so beautiful!  It made me miss the temple so much.  So many things came to mind. 

For now, I leave you with this sweet choir of Korean angels singing, "I Love to See the Temple". Happy Sabbath!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...