Thursday, September 11, 2014

BIRTHDAY!


Dude . . . today's my birthday! 
I love today.  I love the love that abundantly showers me from all across the world, from such sweet, thoughtful loved ones.  I like counting my blessings on this special day of mine.

*I'm thankful for my dear sweet love of my life.  Being married to him feels like my birthday and Christmas combined, every day.  He makes my life so much more thrilling, funnier, fuller and special in each and every way.  I will never know how I got so lucky to find someone who loves me so much, patiently understands my quirky tendencies, and celebrates my talents & skills.

*I'm glad to have the relationship that I do with my nephews & niece.  They are such a bright spot in my life.  I have had the beautiful blessing of having a first row seat to their lives.  They are such tenderhearted and funny spirits.   I love them with all of my heart and I'm blessed to feel their love in return.

*Even though I don't see my parents everyday anymore, I'm grateful for all that they've done for me.  They can be the most selfless individuals in my time of need.  There are many things that they have taught me.  I can only hope that they've always tried their best to be my parents.  I know that I've tried my best to be a good daughter to them.  This is what life is about; learning to be our best self.

*I always wanted a sister growing up, I didn't know that I would find one in my sister-in-law, turned ex-sister-in-law, now sister.  She has taught me so very much.  She is a very good parent to her 4 kids because of the way she listens and observes their individual needs and talents.  She has a good heart and has always been the best cheerleader anyone would want in their corner.

*I'm grateful for my friends.  They accept me for me and love me so much.  Heaven knows I'm not perfect, but I always try my very best to be a very good friend.  I'm so lucky that I'll get to celebrate my birthday with a few of my closest oldest friends, this weekend. So excited!!  But seriously, I love them all.  They bring so much laughter to my life.  I love my friends who share their cultures with me and most especially the unity we always have over good food.  I'm grateful to always have a friend I can call up and say, "Hey, wanna go grab some tacos?" and sure enough, either one of us will show up late, but it's the fact that they showed up.  Love my friends!

*I love my home that I have with my husband.  It's cute and quaint and special because I feel like it's a safe haven of peace, love and laughter.  I'm sure it's because of who I share it with. :)

*I love all the blessings that I've received from my Heavenly Father.  I'm thankful for the talents that I have and the opportunity to cultivate new ones and share all of them.  Sometimes, I like to step back and think, "Dude, I just did that with my two hands!"  I love the pure knowledge and testimony that I have that He lives, as does His Son, Jesus Christ.  I'm not the best Mormon, heaven knows I have my downfalls, but I try my best to do good and be good.

*I love my life.  It's comfortable and happy and oh so funny.  Today, I love it 34,000x even more!  Happy birthday ME! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...