Monday, September 8, 2014

Birthday Blessings.

A couple weeks ago, my parents told me that they wanted to take me out to eat for my birthday.  They said to choose a restaurant and we could invite a few people.  Yesterday, we went to eat at one of my most favorite sushi restaurants, in Imperial Beach.  When Levi and I showed up, we were a few minutes late, but my parents, sister, nephew, niece, cousin's family & aunt were already there.  I walked in and they started cheering.  I hugged & kissed everyone then walked over to the seat that had a birthday balloon tied to it.  Next to my seat was a huge gift bag and several other birthday bags on top.
 In the middle of the table was a red & white birthday cake.  Needless to say, I felt so special.  The rest of our party showed up and then we ordered some yummy goodness! Man I love me some sushi, tempura shrimp & veggies!
 I was lucky to sit next to my Dad and get to chat with him.  It's always so good to see my Dad.  Time seems to fly by between each visit and it makes me miss him so much.
After we ate, we did the whole birthday cake schpeal and opened gifts.  Whenever it's my birthday and people are singing "Happy Birthday to You", it's always a lil awkward.  I never know what to do. Most times I just stare at the candles and think of my birthday wish.  Sometimes I just wanna sing along.  It's just an awkward moment...
My Mom got me a Red Velvet Cake.  It was really good!  I really love Red Velvet Cake!  I was touched that she remembered my favorite cake.  So delish!    

 Afterwards, I opened my presents.  I got a soy coconut candle.  I can't wait to burn it! It smells like surf wax, I love it!  Makes me miss the beach even more.
 I also received a shell box with a pretty shell pendant. 
I also received a card with some money from my Aunt K. It was so nice of her.  I was just so touched by everyone's kindness and generosity.  
The gift that touched my heart so deeply, was the big gift bag from my parents. Inside the huge bag was a box that had many different things wrapped up in it.  My parents got me (us) "Chinese plates".,,,Asian themed...whatevers, you get the idea. (I hate having to be so PC sometimes!) Anyways, I was, am, still so touched by their gift.  I wanna cry just looking at the plates, saimin bowls, rice bowls, and soup spoons they gave us.  
I feel like it's a little piece of my family here with me.  My Mom & Dad will never know just how touched I was by everything they did for me.  Even as I type this, I'm crying because I just want to embrace my parents dearly and thank them for making me feel so special on Saturday.  This little birthday party was probably the nicest, kindest, most generous, and thoughtful thing they've done for me.  I can't wait to use the plates & bowls.  
I think I'm also quite sentimental over their generosity is because I miss them.  I wish we lived closer to them because sometimes it's hard not seeing them daily, if not weekly.  I will remember this birthday luncheon for a very long time.  Just all of it, every detail that my parents had a hand in, has touched me so much.  I just want to thank them so much.  It was so tremendously thoughtful and I will remember this for a very, very long time.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...