Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 4.

I've never been this exhausted before. I am physically, mentally and emotionally spent. I just want to go home and sleep longer than 2 hours at a time. I want to sleep on my perfectly comfortable bed. I want to see my husband for more than 2 hours. I just want to sleep and feel like a human again. 
Just seeing my husband and being able to speak in complete sentences, at a normal volume, was so great. Plus, to be able to laugh and be funny was even better. I miss being able to just communicate like that with another person. I miss laughter. It was nice to decompress for a very short moment, last night. 
I just want to go home and sit on my couch with bare feet. I miss the peace of my home and the gentleness of Levi's voice. I feel like half of my heart is missing from my chest. I feel incomplete without him by my side. Going to sleep on my massage table is hard, for so many reasons, but not having him by my side is the hardest.  
I'm doing what I'm doing because I love my Dad. I know he would do the same if the roles were reversed. He's been thanking me profusely since I arrived Friday night. I know he's grateful. Last night, he thanked me for my service. That means a lot to me, coming from the person who always taught me about service, by example.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...