Thursday, August 14, 2008

What can I say, it's Thursday!?

Yesterday: A guy came up to me while I was eating lunch on Laurel Street, near the Cabrillo Bridge [Balboa Park]. He didn't seem normal. His face was extremely pink and puffy. So he crossed the street and came over to stand right by me (about 2 feet away). A couple seconds went by and he still didn't say anything. So I said 'Hi, may I help you?' to him. And then he turned to me and asked me for 50 cents. I told him I didn't have it. (I was too preoccupied thinking of how I could escape the situation. Plus, I was afraid to reach for my purse.) He thanked me and patted me on my shoulder. I don't want to say I was terrified, but it was EXTREMELY uncomfortable. It didn't help that his face was the same color as the beef in my Enchilada. Finishing lunch was kinda hard. Lesson learned: When it comes to Balboa Park it's either the "Buddy System" or you keep moving--don't stop if you're alone.

Today: I got a call from a guy named Jack from Staples. It was his first time calling into an attorney service and didn't know what it is we do exactly or how we could help him in his situation. While he was giving me some information, he gave me an address for a 'judge' named Madge Bradley who could be found at 2**2 4th Avenue. I chuckled because Madge Bradley is actually a court house. Then he had the last laugh since I didn't even realize that the address he gave me was actually my office.... yeah sometimes I wonder if my head's screwed on straight. :/

Tomorrow: I've gotta make my skirt for the Temple and finish shopping for my outfit. I FINALLY found a long sleeve blouse and shoes!! FINALLY!! THANK GOODNESS!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...