Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh dear....

Wow, where've I been??

I've just been busy/tired!! By the time I get home each day, I'm just exhausted! I know I haven't had the best sleeping schedule lately....which totally feels like it's catching up to me each day. Today at work, I was reminded that we get next Monday off for Labor Day---THANK GOODNESS!! ONE DAY that I can ACTUALLY sleep in. I CANNOT WAIT!!! Actually, Ernest and I are thinkin' about goin' to the Temple to do a couple different sessions. I need to....so I can become more familiar with a certain Temple procedures. I'm so stoked for it.

Working at the Temple has been a blessing. This past Saturday, I was able to assist with a hearing impaired group. It was a very humbling experience. Two men were deaf, blind and mute. Watching them walk up the stairs brought me to tears. It made me think of my own father and his blindness. The way the members came together to help one another out was truly special. I'm blessed that have been a witness to this experience.

However, I do have a funny story to share from this past Saturday. After our "Morning meeting", I asked my Aunt to help me understand the different abbreviations on our schedules. I looked thru my schedule and noticed different abbreviations.... "CR" (Celestial Room)..."I" (Initiatories)...."B" (Baptisms)....and "CAF" (Cafeteria). I was confused as to why I would have the "CAF" so early on in my schedule, but I figured this would give me the chance to eat breakfast. I chose turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and a wheat bun., as well as a Snapple to wash it down with. After paying $7.40 I grabbed a seat at the last open table to sit down and eat my very delicious food, while also studying my schedule. No sooner then I had barely sat down to start eating, did I come to realize that "B" actually stood for "Break" and "CAF" really meant to WORK in the Cafeteria--not eat in it, just yet. OH MAN...I started to panic!! I didn't know what to do. I just spent about $8 on food and I didn't want to waste it...nor did I have anymore cash on me. I wasn't even half way thru my meal!! I was TERRIFIED that my supervisor was going to come down and find me eating instead of working (Maybe that's the fat kid in me?) I was afraid that the Cafeteria crew was going to read my nametag and know that I was the one who didn't show up for my shift. "Do I leave my food right there and run up to Sister Ong and explain my situation?"..."Throw away my food?"...."Or, start scarfing it down like there's no tomorrow?". Well, the Polynesian in me chose option C. I was breakin' a sweat since I was so worried and also at the rapid speed I was INHALING my food in. I couldn't even finish my meal. I had to ditch the rest. I ran back to my locker, put my wallet away and grabbed a stick of gum. Luckily I ran into my Aunt who asked a friend to take me back down to the Cafeteria to explain what I would need to do. When I got down there I was told to put on a chef's coat (as if I wasn't HOT enough!) and serve food (hot food, may I add!). I was so stinkin' hot!! After my '7 minute shift', I rode the elevator back to the locker rooms....I couldn't help but laugh at my self. That had to have been the most craziest and funniest moment of my life!! I wonder about myself sometimes.....
Well, just 4 more days til I get to go back to the Temple again. I'm so stoked! I love being in the Temple! It's the most beautiful place on earth.

Today's been quite an awesome day....I reunited with a couple old friends. Wow, time flies... but man, I'm so happy to have come across these friends and see where their lives have ended up. Several have married, a couple of them now have babies and one now has 4 grand kids! Awesome, truly awesome!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...