Tuesday, August 12, 2008

“Are you honest in all your dealings?”

Today as I was finishing up my lunch break at Balboa Park, I was lying down & writing in my journal. I noticed a man a ways off. He got up from the grass to go throw something away. The next time he got up he happened to walk my way. That is, until he walked up to me. He asked if he could sit down and talk with me for a lil while. I had to sit up since my the front of my shirt seemed to dip down a lil lower than I’d like a stranger to see. He asked me how my day was going and what I did for work. Then he started to ask me more questions. “Are you married?” -No “Are you seeing anyone?” -No, not right now. I have no time. I work a lot and spend a lot of time on church stuff. “Oh, okay”. So I tried to veer the conversation into another direction. Luckily we started talking about politics. After a few minutes, I told him that I had to take off back to work. As I got up, he asked me for my number. I thought I’d be clever and ask him for his instead since I didn’t feel comfortable with him having my number. My cleverness was short lived. He said that his roommate wasn’t too good at giving him any messages. “Oh okay.” Apparently my brain was out on a lunch break as well. I didn’t know what to do. I’ve never really been in a situation where a guy has asked me for my number and I DIDN’T want to give it to him. So what do I do….I end up giving my cell # to him. IDIOT!!! BUT! I made sure to give him my # on a www.mormon.org pass along card.(Whoo hoo for me passing out a pass along card!!) UGH!! Why did I even give him my number?! The whole time the words, “Are you honest in all your dealings?” kept running thru my mind. I so wanted to switch around the numbers in my #. UGH!! I mean, I could have been honest with him by telling him “I just met you, I wouldn’t feel comfortable giving you my number”. But obviously I didn’t. I was caught off guard. I didn’t know what to do. GRR!!! I wish I could just rewind back to my lunch. What were you thinking Ehulani???” Now I can’t go eat at Balboa Park anytime soon!!! DANG IT!!

p.s. The "Rejection Line"...check it out and thank me later.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...