Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why it pays to be nice to 'wrong number' phone calls....

So today, I had the most interesting phone call.

A 'wrong number' phone call....but very interesting, to say the least.

I was packing my suitcase and my phone started to ring. I didn't recognize the number, but it was a local number so I thought I'd answer it. I hardly ever answer numbers I don't recognize, but figured, 'what did I have to lose?'.

Me: Hellooo?
Him: Hey! What are you doing??
(Thoughts crossed my mind as to who it could be....Doc? Camp? Bubba?? The person on the other end of the phone sounded really nice, as though he knew me.)
Me: [in my most pleasant voice] I think you have the wrong number.
Him: Is this not Michelle?
Me: Nope, sorry.
Him: Haha, oh ok. Sorry about that.
Me: No worries, hope you find her. Bye.
Him: See ya later.

Then I started to think, "Damn, why didn't I just answer his question and go with it, ya know??" He sounded very nice, pleasant and I really wish I stayed talking to this stranger and most welcome distraction.

Next thing I know, I receive a text: "Wow, sexy voice....lol".

WOW, really....from a 16 second phone call?? Hmm, ok...well, it is a compliment after all. I was really flattered, I mean, it was ALL totally unexpected.

So I responded: "I almost wish I kept talking to you. You did sound pretty nice. Gotta say that's the first 'wrong number' where I really didn't mind. Call anytime :) "

AND HE DID!! We talked for about 15 minutes. We traded pictures and he seems like a fun and nice guy. He did make me laugh, so that's a definite plus. He said that his sister gave him 'my' number to call her daughter (his niece). He was a lil confused when the woman on the other end of the phone sounded older and more mature than his niece. We talked about our relationship status, where we live, our jobs and what we're looking for in life (He's divorced and just working a lot, always looking to make new friends, especially those of the opposite sex). I told him, "By the way, just to answer your question from your previous phone call, I'm currently packing for my trip to Philly". He thought that was funny and then sounded a lil disappointed that I wouldn't be back for a week & a half.....

...because he asked me out.

We're just going to Starbucks, so it's not a big deal...but it is pretty random, right?

Wow, gotta say..... I didn't expect my Thursday to turn out like this--95% packed & I scored a date when I get back from Philly.

GO EHU!! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...