Saturday, September 1, 2012

HELLO SEPTEMBER!! So glad to have you here!

My nephew Bub, entered the MTC on Wednesday! He'll be there for about 2 months while he learns Tagalog for his mission to Naga, Philippines.  Luckily, he's been living in Utah for the past year and a half, so it won't sting as much to not have him here or get to talk to him as often.  I'll still miss him a lot because he's just such a GREAT guy!!  He has a very infectious personality and EVERYONE just loves him!  Maybe that's my biased opinion, but it's true, I promise.  
One of my mission companions had the coolest laundry bag! All of Ash's friends had signed it with cool & uplifting thoughts, which was cool to reflect on while out in the mission field.  I remember how awesome I thought Ash's bag was because it was so full of fun and loving memories for her to enjoy every week, while we dreadfully did laundry.  She totally loved her bag and since then, I've tried to do that for my friends/family who have also left on missions.  I did that for Simi and Hermanita, but doing it for Bub was a lil tricky.  I started it down here, with the help of Sim and then he took it up to Utah to have Bub's girlfriend have all of his friends sign it, as well.  I'm glad he enjoyed this gift. Oh Bub, I miss him so!

IT'S  SEPTEMBER!!!! You know what that means!!! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH!!! Oh I surely love birthdays!! I had a long string of terrible birthdays, but now, they're A LOT better!! First off, my birthday's September 11, and everyone who hears this usually tells me that "that's a bad day for a birthday! Gosh, I feel sorry for you!"  Seriously, if I hear that one more time, I'm gonna scream! I wish they'd realize how stupid they sound.  As if I had any way of picking my birthday AND what day a national tragedy would hit?!?  Ugh, so annoying! 
Anyways, back to GOOD birthday vibes!!  My birthday will be on a Tuesday this year, not the coolest of days, but hey, it could be worse. I always like having the Viking cake (from Extraordinary Desserts) on my birthday! So we'll see.  My parents want to take me out for lunch, to eat sushi! YUM! So now I've gotta figure out what I'd like to do for my evening.... I think I have an idea.  I'm HOPING that the Baker and I get to spend my birthday weekend together (Darn school!).  I TRY not to get my hopes up for my birthday, because of my birthday past, but I just can't help it! I love my birthday! Hmm....we'll see.  I need to start thinking of my birthday dress.  I just feel like wearing a dress on your birthday makes it so much more special!  My last several birthdays have been big hits! So I've gotta do something spectacular!! Man, I'm so giddy for my birthday weekend/week!!  YEAAAAAAAH!  CANNOT WAIT!!!  



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...