Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Need Thee Every Hour...

Yesterday, I found out that my friends' Dad's health isn't so great. In fact, it's pretty terrible and he's very sick.  My heart goes out to my friends' Dad, Ric because he use to be my stake president.  I sincerely love this man, and it makes me so sad that he's not doing so well.  I don't know all the details, and I've heard some things {not sure how accurate it is} which makes my heart hurt so much.  Ric was such a extraordinary stake president!  I LOVED to hear him teach, from the pulpit.  I could sit for hours and listen to him.   While he was stake president, I came to enjoy stake conference A LOT more because of his talks.  His stories were like parables and I always felt uplifted, afterwards.  His infectious smile was very welcoming and made me ever so glad to be in his presence.
Whenever he was at a church meeting, that I had to play the piano or organ at, I grew a lil more nervous.  His wife & daughter also play, so I knew the standard to which he was use to.  However, he would always come over, greet me and thank me for playing so well {which honestly, wasn't always so well}.  After he told me his favorite hymn, I'd make it a point to play, "I Need Thee Every Hour" during my preludes.  I've had a couple opportunities to be in his home and he was always such a gracious host.   It was always so nice, that in a big stake like mine, with 2500+ members,  he remembered my name and always greeted me so warmly.  About 3 years ago, when I shaved my head, he approached me and asked if he could rub my prickly head.  I chuckled at such a request, and instantly let him.  I love this man.
I hope that his current health improves because I don't know how I could ever imagine being in my home stake and not see his big, warm smile.  This Sunday, all of Chula Vista Stake will be praying and fasting on his behalf.  After all he's ever done for me and my family,  I will most certainly find myself in sincere and humble prayer.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...