Saturday, July 13, 2013

What I want my children to know...

After yet another lively "conversation", with my Dad this morning, I started to ponder the things I hope my {future} children will know....


*I want them to know how special they are to Levi & I.  I want them to know that we consider ourselves the luckiest parents on earth, because we get to have front row seats to their extraordinary existence.  I want them to know that they'll always be able to talk to us, because we want to help them in whatever way possible.  We'll try to be their best friends, but first and foremost we'll always be their parents.

*I want them to know that home will always be a safe haven from the cruel and insensitive world.  "Homes are for free expression, not for good impression."   I want them to feel safe, and know that they are always welcome and wanted there.

*I want them to know who they are, why they're here and where they're going.  I want them to know that they are children of a loving Heavenly Father, who wants them to live righteous lives and return to Him.

*I want them to know to know their self worth, to grow up to become caring, sensitive, intelligent individuals.  I want them to know that they can achieve anything they set their mind & heart to.  And if they ever fall short, I want them to know that there's always a way back up. 

*Above all else, I want them to know how much they are loved.  I want them to thoroughly know it and believe it. I want them to know that I will love them from the second they're conceived, until well into the eternities.  I want them to know that love and affection will be given in high doses, even when they're teenagers who get embarrassed by their "uncool" parents.  I never want them to doubt how much their parents love them, because I will do my very best to show them love and understanding, most especially when they need it the most. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...